Sign in with
Your question

Which motherboard good for me

Last response: in Motherboards
November 17, 2009 6:32:03 PM

Hi all

I'm planing to get a motherboard for graphics and games, and I will be happey if it support this spec:

- SLI-ready, for Nvidia graphics cards PCI-E 2.0x16
- Intel Proccesors (core 2 quad) or higher
- eSATA
- 4 Slots of RAMs
- DDR3 supporting (1600 Mhz)
- DirectX10

thanx for all ^^

More about : motherboard good

a c 435 V Motherboard
November 18, 2009 12:44:19 AM

Which processor do you prefer- 775, core i5, or core i7? You don't list a budget, so we need more info.
November 18, 2009 11:54:38 AM

I'm perfer core i5, because it's good for graphics and games, and a bit cheaper than core i7.

my budget about 280 $.

I hope this info. will help you to choose.

thank you.
Related resources
November 18, 2009 12:51:27 PM

Is your $280 budget for the motherboard alone or for the whole package (CPU + RAM + motherboard) ?
Because for $280 you're not going to get a Core i5 and a motherboard and RAM, with the CPU alone being $199 and the cheapest LGA1156 motherboard on Newegg.com being $89.99.
A good mid-range LGA1156 motherboard for a Core i5 is the Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD4, which fits all your requirements but is Micro ATX.
Another good one is the Asus P7P55D Pro, which is a little bit more expensive but is not Micro ATX.
Since you mentioned wanting SLI though, keep in mind that the P55 chipset does not allow full speed PCI Express x16 when running two video cards. On the P55 you can run one video card at x16 speeds, or two cards at x8 speeds. It doesn't make much of a difference in reality but I thought I'd point that out.
November 18, 2009 3:44:46 PM

Shubby said:
Is your $280 budget for the motherboard alone or for the whole package (CPU + RAM + motherboard) ?
Because for $280 you're not going to get a Core i5 and a motherboard and RAM, with the CPU alone being $199 and the cheapest LGA1156 motherboard on Newegg.com being $89.99.
A good mid-range LGA1156 motherboard for a Core i5 is the Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD4, which fits all your requirements but is Micro ATX.
Another good one is the Asus P7P55D Pro, which is a little bit more expensive but is not Micro ATX.
Since you mentioned wanting SLI though, keep in mind that the P55 chipset does not allow full speed PCI Express x16 when running two video cards. On the P55 you can run one video card at x16 speeds, or two cards at x8 speeds. It doesn't make much of a difference in reality but I thought I'd point that out.

first thing I will say: thank you very match for every word you wrote it, and I appreciat this for you.

I'm looking for strong motherboard, one of my friends says: don't get a (gigabyte) motherboards, because it's have a short lifespan.

Is there a strong motherboard support full speed of multi GPUs cards
?

thank you Shubby ^^
a c 435 V Motherboard
November 18, 2009 5:35:14 PM

Checkout the MSI P55M-GD45 ($119 at newegg). I've had good luck overclocking some MSI boards, and used their rma process.
November 19, 2009 5:26:10 AM

I'm realy like this motherboard, but I'm forgot to mention the GPU tybe (that's my fault is)

my graphics card is GTX285 (EVGA), and with this motherboard; it's wasn't supported!

Is there a motherboard looks like [MSI P55M-GD45] and support (Nvidia's cards) ?

my regards for you.
!