Geforce 250gts shutdown

Diegojavbau

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
Hi everybody , Last week I built my new system and im in troubles.
After a few minutes of play in heavy games (call of duty : moder warfare) , my video card (geforce 250 gts) turns off and I cant recover the system.

To Add more data , I bougth a geforce 9800gtx+plus (as the box say) and in the box i found a 250 gts ( I read that is almost the same card so I thought that nvidia is replacing the old model , just my opinion)

My power supply is a saikano gts 630 w

In the xfx site say´s that the vga needs a 12v 26A nimimum and the power source have 4 connectors , but all are just 12v 20 A...

Is that the problem or I´m wong ?
A Cooler master silent pro 500w will fix this ?

Thx in advance
PD:Sorry for my english ... :heink:

In that case I'm guessing that it may be a lack of power on the amperage side of things, can't say for sure whether a Cooler master silent pro 500w is any good as I have not tried one but I would try out a Corsair if I were you.

casey37

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
While the delivery is terrible omario may be correct.

I'm having similar issues with a 512 GB BFG 250 GTS and looking for a solution, running Rosewill Xtreme Series RX950-D-B 950W PSU so I don't think that's the issue. Built a new system though so I guess it could be just about anything.

you are wong as well.... if it is not the PSU, it is the card, simple as that.....

mousemonkey does have a point, it could be the OP's cheapo PSU that is causing the issue. Some cheapo PSU's just don't have the "powa" needed for such a card, even if it is a card that barely pulls any juice.

casey37

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
Well, my response was a little confusing anyway...

In the OP I'd agree but I was pointing out that I had the same card with the same problem and in my case it most likely isn't an issue with the PSU so... we can drop the "wrongs."

For the rest, yeah I think I'm just going to get the card replaced. 10 more days before BFG Tech warranty kicks in so I'll follow up then since it's very random shutdowns and they sent a replacement first the last time I had something from them die.

I know what you were trying to say, I was just refering to omarion's "You are wong ! " comment. Hehe wong, wight.. just funny humor going on that's all.... :whistle:

Latest posts