ericcannon

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,
I recently built a new rig and I want to overclock it but I have never overclocked before and was wanting some help and suggesetions here are my system specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz
ASRock M3A770DE
Kingston HyperX 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) KHX1600C9AD3K2/4G
MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX 12v
Windows 7 64-Bit SP-1

xx_pemdas_xx

Distinguished
May 23, 2011

First off great PC :)
Second to answer your question, since you have a AMD chip set (770) you can use a free program from AMD them selfs to over clock. it has a temp limit built in so it will get as close as possible to that limit and test for stability. you can then use the settings that the program comes up with and apply them in the bios. This is a really simple way to over clock for beginners with AMD chip sets. Once you feel comfortable you can slowly over clock your graphics card with the nvidia force ware that is already loaded with your drivers. set it up 5-10mhz and open up a game that maxes out the GPU and do that till you see particles or you mem dump (blue screen). shader and GPU are locked on nvidia graphics cards and the mem is a separate over clock. Just tweak it till you feel its at its max and can still run all out. here is a link to AMD overdrive http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/amd-overdrive/Pages/overview.aspx the official download link is at the bottom of that page.
--xX_PEMDAS_Xx