Sign in with
Your question

[ ASUS ] P6T gives "Express Gate not intalled" error, PC won't boot

Last response: in Motherboards
November 17, 2009 8:06:12 PM

Hello All,

I recently built a core i7 system with an ASUS P6T MB and 6GB of OCZ Gold RAM. Express Gate has worked fine until recently it displays an error that it is "not installed".

Then the system proceeds to tell me that it cant find the operating system and i need to reboot. Sometimes though it gives me the Express Gate error and then it can boot windows.

I have also been having problems with my system randomly freezing since day one. I believe this is also MB related because i have tested the RAM extensively and i really doubt the i7 is bad.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
November 17, 2009 10:41:32 PM

I´m not a huge expert but I have an Asus mobo and I know that in the BIOS, you can disable ExpressGate. Try that and try to boot directly into Windows and try to reinstall Express Gate.. Good luck
m
l
November 18, 2009 11:24:50 PM

Thx for the reply giorgio. I have disabled ExpressGate, but my computer is still really struggling to boot windows. About 4 out of 5 times it tells me to reboot and select the proper boot device. Although it does boot up that after a few tries. I also got the BSoD when windows was running recently(not the first time) and it gave me the error "clock interupt was not recieved in a secondary processor with the allocated time interval". Do you think it's my MB or my Processor? Any comments would be much appreciated.
m
l
!