Sign in with
Your question
Solved

C300 AHCI Driver

Last response: in Storage
January 28, 2011 5:30:30 AM

Anyone have a SATA III controller they know works well with the C300. I have an AsRock H67M-GE board and the AHCI drivers included don't seem to work well at all. I can't find any updates on their website.

More about : c300 ahci driver

a c 99 G Storage
January 28, 2011 2:33:20 PM

AHCI is part of the motherboard options to run (SATA) hard drives.

The drivers are part of Windows, and automatically install when detected.

Did you do a fresh install of the OS (Windows)?
m
l
a c 302 G Storage
January 28, 2011 3:05:56 PM

Have you tried the RST drivers? They are mentioned in quite a few posts, and my SSD is much more happy with them.
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=...

I'm curious. When you say "don't seem to work well at all," what problems do you have? Slow? Buggy? Freezes? Little springs pop out of the C300?
m
l
Related resources
January 28, 2011 4:42:12 PM

I did a fresh install of windows and using the desktop is very choppy. Example: scrolling through a long window the scroll bar will freeze for a second.
m
l
a c 99 G Storage
January 31, 2011 6:05:31 PM

The driver for the SATA III controller should be on the motherboards CD driver.

The driver for ACHI is part of Windows 7.

Does your Windows show the correct SATA ports and drivers in Device Manager?
m
l

Best solution

February 6, 2011 6:20:59 PM

WHComp said:
I did a fresh install of windows and using the desktop is very choppy. Example: scrolling through a long window the scroll bar will freeze for a second.

turn off writing cache buffer option on your ssd in device manager
April 14, 2011 8:14:28 PM

fhantom said:
turn off writing cache buffer option on your ssd in device manager

YES! YES! YES! Thank you. It took me a really long time to reply because since I started this post I ran into a plethora of other problems. (Had to RMA CPU and go through the whole cougar point swap, and then RMA CPU again!) Anyway, I finally got all the rest of my hardware going, but ran into this problem again. Came back to this post, turned off write cache buffer, and it was like a miracle. Computer is finally running great after only 3 months.

Thank You
m
l
April 14, 2011 8:14:35 PM

Best answer selected by WHComp.
m
l
August 19, 2011 5:51:38 PM

WyomingKnott said:
Have you tried the RST drivers? They are mentioned in quite a few posts, and my SSD is much more happy with them.
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=...

I'm curious. When you say "don't seem to work well at all," what problems do you have? Slow? Buggy? Freezes? Little springs pop out of the C300?

at the intel website for rapidstore drivers....which drive on the far left drop down menu should one choose?
m
l
August 19, 2011 5:59:58 PM

or does one just click on the update utility link?
m
l
!