jedimerlin3

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010
Alright i have made my first step towards water cooling awesomeness... Let me know what you think of these components... keep in mind that i am most likely going to be doing some little upgrades here and there but this "i think" should get me headed in the right direction.
Products
1 x *** NEW *** EK-Supreme HF High Flow - CPU Water Block "Easy Mount" - Nickel/Acetal
- Fitting Size: 1/2" Barb for 1/2" ID tube $79.95
1 x *** HOT *** XSPC Acrylic Dual 5.25" Bay Reservoir for Laing D5
- Nozzles: Add a Pair of Danger Den 1/2" Barbs
- Water Pump: With a speed controller (part # MCP655) $141.90
1 x Feser Tube Active UV Hose 2.5 Meter (8 feet) - Retail Packed - 1/2" ID (3/4"OD) - UV Green
$24.95
1 x PrimoChill ICE Non-Conductive Liquid Cooling Fluid (32 oz.) - Black/UV Blue
$15.95
1 x Black Ice® GT Stealth 360 XFlow Highest Performance Radiator
- Radiator Color: Ferrari Red
- Fitting Size: 1/2" OD $67.95
Thanks!

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Ditch the Primochill fluid. Use distilled water and a killcoil or PTnuke.

Why the BIX rads (What do all new loop builders ALWAYS post they are getting BIX rads...?) Black Ice rads are high FPI...fins per inch at ~30/inch. You need some high CFM/static pressure fans for these to work well. These kinds of fans often run higher in cost in many situations.

That D5/MCP655 pump shouldn't cost you $142...they are like 1/2 that cost...around $75-$80 depending on site.

What country do you live in? All prices seem to be similar to US prices except that pump. What website/e-tailer are you posting these prices from?

Have you read the sticky at the top of the forum?

jedimerlin3

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010
I live in the US, And the Pump is included in the Reservoir price. I choose the BIX for the increased FPI, which i thought would be better than less... What kind of CFM do you think they require to operate?

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Pump is included in the Reservoir price

Ah, I see now...makes sense...the XSPC res for D5's. Got it. Where are you ordering from?

Also, consider looking at the following BIX write-up from SkinneeLabs

It has all the answers to the questions you seek on BIX rads.

A good reason why prior research is important.

100% agree. I spent a lot of time on that sticky to address these kinds of issues.