Remove motherboard battery and bios only loads once

Been trying to figure this out for a day or two now and its driving me crazy. My computer froze the other day and I ended up turning it off at the switch and after I couldnt get anything except black screen. I have checked all connections and made sure everything is seated firmly nothing is loose. I have removed the ram one by one and seen no difference. I replaced the cmos battery and on start up the bios showed up but warned of overclocking and told me to restart to safe mode. I have never OC'd this system so wasnt sure what that meant when I went to restart it went back to black and no restart. My powersupply is new and provides plenty of power for my system so I am running out of ideas.
3 answers Last reply
More about remove motherboard battery bios loads once
  1. Follow same procedure and get back to bios, select load optimized defaults, reboot go back to bios and look at everything. Head to cpu/memory section make sure all are set to correct values to begin with.
    Did you install and use a software system accellerator just prior to this? if so uninstall. Just somewhere to start.
  2. If you cannot get into the BIOS (remember, the computer needs to boot), clear the CMOS. your manual will tell you how.
  3. jsc said:
    If you cannot get into the BIOS (remember, the computer needs to boot), clear the CMOS. your manual will tell you how.

so I unplugged everything removed the cmos battery and pushed the reset button on the motherboard and now I am just getting a black screen. I pulled a video card out of another computer and still nothing except black screen. I tested my monitor and it is still displaying fine on another pc too. So I am now thinking something has gone wrong with my motherboard.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards