Sign in with
Your question

Remove motherboard battery and bios only loads once

Last response: in Motherboards
November 18, 2009 12:38:39 AM

Been trying to figure this out for a day or two now and its driving me crazy. My computer froze the other day and I ended up turning it off at the switch and after I couldnt get anything except black screen. I have checked all connections and made sure everything is seated firmly nothing is loose. I have removed the ram one by one and seen no difference. I replaced the cmos battery and on start up the bios showed up but warned of overclocking and told me to restart to safe mode. I have never OC'd this system so wasnt sure what that meant when I went to restart it went back to black and no restart. My powersupply is new and provides plenty of power for my system so I am running out of ideas.
a b V Motherboard
November 18, 2009 1:27:58 PM

Follow same procedure and get back to bios, select load optimized defaults, reboot go back to bios and look at everything. Head to cpu/memory section make sure all are set to correct values to begin with.
Did you install and use a software system accellerator just prior to this? if so uninstall. Just somewhere to start.
a c 156 V Motherboard
November 18, 2009 4:47:45 PM

If you cannot get into the BIOS (remember, the computer needs to boot), clear the CMOS. your manual will tell you how.
November 21, 2009 10:14:22 PM

jsc said:
If you cannot get into the BIOS (remember, the computer needs to boot), clear the CMOS. your manual will tell you how.

so I unplugged everything removed the cmos battery and pushed the reset button on the motherboard and now I am just getting a black screen. I pulled a video card out of another computer and still nothing except black screen. I tested my monitor and it is still displaying fine on another pc too. So I am now thinking something has gone wrong with my motherboard.
!