Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 RC1 - Joining Domain

Last response: in Windows 7
May 6, 2009 2:29:10 PM

In the Windows 7 Release Candidate 1:
Whenever I add my computer to my company's domain, reboot, and log in I get an error that says "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005)". Then I get a plain blue screen (not bsod) and the task bar won't show up, neither will task manager. All I can do is ctr-alt-del (which gives all the options as it normally would) and log off. I then reinstalled (twice). The third time I didn't add my computer to the domain and it works fine, except that I need to put it on the domain for work stuff.
I found a similar thread at Microsoft's website, but there was no solution that I could see.

Does any one know what I could do to get my computer working on the domain?
May 7, 2009 8:20:51 AM

I think that error means there's something wrong with your RAM. Can you try running memtest86 on your PC? If you used the GParted Live CD btw to repartition your hard disk for Windows 7, it has memtest86 on it, just boot from the CD.
May 7, 2009 1:42:51 PM

I did a memory check in my BIOS and it didn't find any problems.

By the way I am using an Hp Compaq nx6325 with 2GB of RAM if that makes any difference.
Related resources
May 8, 2009 8:59:20 PM

After talking to the guy who does group policy for my domain, I found a solution. He put my computer in a different OU and that fixed the problem.
September 28, 2009 2:46:27 PM

ethanthekiwi said:
After talking to the guy who does group policy for my domain, I found a solution. He put my computer in a different OU and that fixed the problem.

i have this same issue. could you clarify your solution that i may try it
!