Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
JUST BUILT !!!
Asus PRQ SE2
Intel core 2 quad Q9400
Hitachi SATA 1 TB
1GB 9800GT Gainward
4 GB ram

My brand new comp runs in Window 7 untimate 64 bit, My proble is that i put my comp in sleep mode.... when i got back home i move my mouse and nothing appears to show anything on my screen, then i try restarting it but nothing happend so i turn it off and when i turn it on it stays on for 3 sec then shut down and turn it self back on. When its on i cant see anything on my screen not even the bio's.
HELP please i built it last week and it was perfectly fine but now its not waking up even though its on.

Well, you can try resetting the CMOS jumper and defaulting the BIOS, that may do it. The instructions are in the MB manual under 'CMOS jumper reset or similar'. First unplug the system from the wall. Remove the battery from the MB. Move the CMOS jumper to the reset position briefly and then back to the default or run postion. Reinstall the MB battery after resetting the jumper. If you do not understand how to do this, perhaps unplugging the system and removing the battery for 10 minutes or so will discharge the MB and reset the BIOS to default.

DayBreaker

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
Um my comp is working now because you told me somehting about the jumper and i read the MB manual and i change the RTC RAM the 3 pin CLRTC thinging.
thank you really much !!!! love you

Whn you unplugged the computer the MB discharged and cleared the CMOS which allowed the BIOS to gain control of the start up of the system hardware.

DayBreaker

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
oH didnt know that but thank you im still in high schoool and im learning about computers....... thank you really much if it wasnt for u i would waste another 150 to buy another mb thank you alot
" i would like to learn more " lol