Dorms/houses

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

I did something stupid in University-town.. ;P I spent three hours building
a beautiful dorm, or rather what I thought was a dorm, but when I finished,
I realised that you can't build dorms from scratch, you have to use the
templates. "AHA!" Now my student-sims can't move in because the game sees it
as a normal house and the rent is $30,000.. ahem.
I packaged the lot into a file and didn't do anything else. How can I save
it and make it into the dorm I want it to be? :( Is there a way to save it?

Thank you.

Irene

x-posted
4 answers Last reply
More about dorms houses
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    You can't rebuild the template houses.
    See my other post about how to build a dorm.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    "Irene" <fadeout@online.no> wrote in message
    > I did something stupid in University-town.. ;P I spent three hours
    building
    > a beautiful dorm, or rather what I thought was a dorm, but when I
    finished,
    > I realised that you can't build dorms from scratch, you have to use the
    > templates. "AHA!" Now my student-sims can't move in because the game sees
    it
    > as a normal house and the rent is $30,000.. ahem.
    > I packaged the lot into a file and didn't do anything else. How can I save
    > it and make it into the dorm I want it to be? :( Is there a way to save
    it?

    > Thank you.
    >
    > Irene
    >
    > x-posted

  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    > You can't rebuild the template houses.
    > See my other post about how to build a dorm.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > Maxon

    Aaah. Oh. :( That's a bummer, I thought you could alter the template-houses
    any way you wanted, didn't try before. Oh well.
    Thank you for your help. :)

    Irene
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    > You can't rebuild the template houses.
    > See my other post about how to build a dorm.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > Maxon

    I just re-read your other post and saw the part about the changelotzoning
    dorm-cheat. (What, a cheat I didn't know about??) IT WORKED! Now my posh
    house is a posh dorm (included all the facilities).
    Thank you ever so much, I am your humble slave from now on. ;) :D

    Irene
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    Oh good - a slave. Now let's see ....

    Glad it worked.

    Best

    > > You can't rebuild the template houses.
    > > See my other post about how to build a dorm.
    > >
    > > Best wishes
    > > Maxon
    >
    > I just re-read your other post and saw the part about the changelotzoning
    > dorm-cheat. (What, a cheat I didn't know about??) IT WORKED! Now my posh
    > house is a posh dorm (included all the facilities).
    > Thank you ever so much, I am your humble slave from now on. ;) :D
    >
    > Irene

Sims Games Video Games