Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Not wanting an H70 but want WC

Last response: in Overclocking
April 12, 2011 7:29:41 PM

So I have read some but I guess need need to one the cost. Why is the H70 so cheap and why is a single loop for my cpu so much?

I found this single loop http://www.frozencpu.com/products/11743/ex-wat-159/XSPC_Rasa_750_RS240_Universal_CPU_Water_Cooling_Kit_-HOT.html is it worth it? on air i got to 4.2 ghz at 80c :sweat:  but it was too hot for me will this really help?

if you know of a better kit show me i still have to think about this one :sweat: 

Also can someone link a reason why distilled water is the best coolant. :pt1cable: 

More about : wanting h70

a c 324 K Overclocking
April 12, 2011 7:42:48 PM

I believe these are all addressed in the sticky at the top of the forum. (I know because I put them there.) :) 

The Rasa 240 and 360 kits are great beginner kits to watercool. There are some specific links in the sticky that address these exact questions.

Good luck, go read a little and let us know what you think.

Sticky Link -> http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/265776-29-watercooling-info-faqs-links-stickies
m
l
April 12, 2011 8:04:55 PM

hi :hello:  (I knew you would be the first to post)

In your sticky do you telly me why distilled is the best? I have read the sticky I will take a 2nd look.

Also I asked if there is a way to make it better I'm not sure if your sticky tells me this. i want to know what to look for in a way you'll know and reading can't tell me

Side note the cpu block is that the xspu Rasa? I dont think it is and is it worth spending the extra money on a block like the xspu?

how long is a water cooling system good for? I know I have to clean it but I was wondering if it will see me thought many cpus?

My case is a haf 922 so what do you think is a mid case ok for WCing?
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a c 324 K Overclocking
April 12, 2011 8:17:33 PM

Quote:
In your sticky do you telly me why distilled is the best? I have read the sticky I will take a 2nd look

I think it's part of the linked URLs in there. Here is an example and a comparison by Skinnee:

http://www.overclock.net/water-cooling/597440-reason-only-used-distlled-water.html
(there are much more severe cases, this one was the first I found)

http://skinneelabs.com/coolantfluid-roundup-thermal-performance/

Quote:
Also I asked if there is a way to make it better I'm not sure if your sticky tells me this. i want to know what to look for in a way you'll know and reading can't tell me

Not sure I follow what you mean, here. Make what better?

Quote:
Side note the cpu block is that the xspu Rasa? I dont think it is and is it worth spending the extra money on a block like the xspu?

The Rasa block is one of the best blocks you can buy right now...probably in the top 3 or so. It comes in the kit, you don't need to buy it separately.

Quote:
how long is a water cooling system good for? I know I have to clean it but I was wondering if it will see me thought many cpus?

It will last as long as you take care of it. Every 6-12 months you should drain and refill your loop with clean water. If you are running only distilled and a killcoil or PTnuke (or other biocide) a year is fine. Some people run it for 2-3 years on distilled only.
April 12, 2011 8:36:29 PM

Thanks that everything I wanted to know.
m
l
April 12, 2011 8:36:56 PM

Best answer selected by sleepking.
m
l
a c 324 K Overclocking
April 12, 2011 8:38:57 PM

I updated the sticky with the info you couldn't find...it should be more easily accessible now. Good to know that it wasn't as obvious as I originally thought...and got it fixed.

Let us know once you figure out what your plans are and what you want to do. I think for what you are wanting, that is a good choice. If you are thinking of adding your video card later, it would still work well for you; you'd just need to get the waterblock for the GPU and strongly consider another radiator for more cooling capacity. If not adding it later, disregard that.
m
l
April 12, 2011 9:32:45 PM

if i was to sli my gpu will water cooling be reason able?
Also can you link me some articles i want to understand more of water cooling it seems like it's not just slapping some water and a cpu block i read about Delta.
How do i insure that my kit will get me good lower temps.
lastly, if i want add a loop for my gpu later should i change want i get
m
l
a c 324 K Overclocking
April 12, 2011 9:41:54 PM

Quote:
if i was to sli my gpu will water cooling be reason able?

I run SLI and watercool my CPU and both GPU's.

Quote:
Also can you link me some articles i want to understand more of water cooling it seems like it's not just slapping some water and a cpu block i read about Delta.

Delta?
I know for a fact that this one is linked in the sticky:http://www.overclockers.com/guide-deltat-water-cooling/

Quote:
How do i insure that my kit will get me good lower temps.

You research, learn and determine what the best solution works for your budget, hardware and ability.

Quote:
lastly, if i want add a loop for my gpu later should i change want i get

I am assuming what would you need if you added your GPUs later? You would need the water blocks for each one being added, the tubing and additional radiators due to the increase of heat watts being added to the watercooling loop.
m
l
!