Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

how do i activate windows xp home addition after it is
already installed on my computer and how do i know if it
is activated or not

Greetings --

Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Activate
Windows. Alternatively, Start > Run >
"C:\Windows\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe /A."

Bruce Chambers
--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. - RAH

"jerry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how do i activate windows xp home addition after it is
> already installed on my computer and how do i know if it
> is activated or not

Hi

Type the following into Start>Run:

C:\Windows\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe /A

to see if XP has been activated. You'll have to allow 'Microsoft Out of Box
Experience' access to the Internet.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User