Traveling with Water Cooled case?

ferrex47

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
I really want to liquid cool my case, but I usally take my PC over to lans and freinds houses 3 times a week. Is it a bad idea to have a water cooled PC thats on the move a lot?

Also If I did do it Id be using a radiator of 1x 120mm fan, the fan id be using would be 38mm deep as well as having over 100 CFM could that cool my CPU and GPU just fine?

last thing 3/8 the best size to go with?

Any tips would be nice. I've never done this be4, Thanks

I think this is the only question not covered in the sticky.
As long as everything is solidly mounted and the connections are tight , there should be no problem.
Please have a look at the sticky and do a little research.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Also If I did do it Id be using a radiator of 1x 120mm fan, the fan id be using would be 38mm deep as well as having over 100 CFM could that cool my CPU and GPU just fine?

You'll want at least a 2x120mm radiator for a CPU/GPU loop. The very minimum would be a single 3x120 and no overclocking on either CPU or GPU.

I've moved my watercooling case many times without issues. As long as you have everything securely mounted and all your fittings/barbs secured, you are fine.

Edit: I'll get some info put together and add it to the FAQ section...good catch.

ferrex47

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009

I dont understand why u need 2x 120mm fans at least.

Here is the fan I'm planning on getting if i water cool http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185054

BTW it doesn't show Amps, Watts or Volts, I want to make sure it won't blow my mobo or Fan controller. Cuz i dont want that thing plugged into my PSU going at full speed 45db ouch.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
No, what I meant is, you'd need at least 2 of these:

MCR220-QP-K_01.jpg

Not necessarily Swiftech rads, but 2 rads this size. You could get by with a triple if you didn't overclock or got a XSPC RX series 360 rad.

ferrex47

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
Thanks for all the help I just made my order. I'm going to pass on cooling my GPU's because it's not worth the money to me and also my case has a 200mm GPU intake fan. I'm still going to cool my CPU keep this thread alive and ill post pics

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I have most of the information you were asking about posted in the watercooling FAQ/sticky at the top of the forum. When you have some time, read through it...it should give you a little more understanding of what you are looking for and help you determine your needs based on hardware, budget and desired results.

Good luck.