Power Supply for My graphics Card

I have just bought a new rig, and have this graphics card which requires 2 six PCI-e connectors.

I bought this power supply to run it from ebuyer

Which i thought would do the job. My problem is the power supply only has 3 molex connectors and no six pin PCI-e connectors (my fault i admit) so i have to use all the molex's for this. But when i turn on the comp the fan on the graphics card doesn't spin and the monitor doesn't turn on.

Any thoughts?
10 answers Last reply
More about power supply graphics card
  1. still have the receipt for the PSU? I notice it states it has a PCI-E 6pin power connection then states its only through adapters.
  2. yer i can send it back if needs be just a shame didnt realise power supplies came with so few molex connectors these days.
  3. http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-014-CS&groupid=701&catid=123&subcat=1084

The corsair 550VX will handle your system just find and comes with the necessary connectors.
  4. http://www.ebuyer.com/product/127861

that PSU will handle your card with no problem.
    PC Power and Cooling
    are the better PSU manufactures on that web sight
  5. cheers guys i'll check these out, looks like i can just RMA my other one
  6. Would this one be any better i noticed it has more molex connectors and it has two separate 6 pin PCI-e connectors which i think would be better.

7. Its rated higher than it likely should be, it isnt one of the better brands. Corsair is a good brand and is sufficient instead of overkill for the card. The fact that that power supply is cheap but rated significantly higher does not indicate quality parts. Remember if a PSU goes it can nuke your whole system.
  8. I know i had a Hiper PSU in my last machine and it worked like a dream.
  9. The Hiper has the same connections as the OCZ one I linked but the OCZ offers one more rail (and more amps) plus is a better manufacturer (parent company of PC Power and Cooling).

If you prefer Hiper then purchase it.
  10. Yer i think i'll go with the OCZ not that much more expensive should have gone for it in the begining, cheers guys
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Power Supplies PCI Express Graphics