Sapphire warranty on 4890s...

Nica Guy

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2008
guys do any of u know if using the fan manually on sapphire 4890s voids the warranty? and in every other brand?

i think it doesn't void it but i read this review on newegg and got me thinking....

youll need to configure this manually
Reviewed By: bacon54654 on 6/14/2009 Tech Level: high - Ownership: 1 week to 1 month
This user purchased this item from Newegg
Pros: runs good after editing settings
plays crysis @ 1680-1050 8AA 16AF high on my rig read other thoughts
runs windows 7 direct x 11 just fine after editing settings
going to cross fire i will post another when i have used it more
Cons: when you run this card with anything in direct x 10 or up you will need to edit timings for vertical and horizontal sync the CCC program does not do it for you and you will get really nasty sync lines everywhere it does only happen between 59-70C before 59c its perfect but in the 60s the picture is really nasty and lots of refresh lines, but after 70c its clear and that made me think i had a bad card but it just was the sync settings so if you are getting this just edit the timings for sync in CCC
you have to unlock the card to change fan speed and when you unlock the card it voids you warranty so if you are looking to run manual speed for the fan this may not be the card for you
this is not clocked @ 1000 this did not affected me as that is new eggs mistake this card is 901 but can be a con if that is why you bought

daedalus685

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
The only thing that will void it is if you tamper with the heatsink, or change the bios. Overclocking technically voids it too (not for XFX) but they have no way to check that if you send it in to them intact.