Sign in with
Your question

Where can I find Intel AHCI driver/

Last response: in Storage
January 30, 2011 6:07:41 AM

A while ago I was asking questions on this forum prior to my installation of a SSD. At that time I learned that it was best to switch to ACHI and to install an Intel driver during the early stage of Win7 install. I was side tracked at this point with a home improvement project.
Now I’m back to SSD installation. I have an OCZ 60 GB Agility 2 which will contain the operating system and also a standard 500 GBDrive as a secondary The motherboard is an Intel H55 chipset motherboard that is at present running Win7 32bit in ACHI mode on a standard Hard Drive.
I have also learned that its best to disconnect all Hard Drives except the SSD Then begin the Win7 install with an Intel ACHI driver on a USB drive connected and then to direct Win7 to this driver at the early stages of Win7 install. My question is, where can I find this Intel ACHI Driver? I did find, at the Intel site—RAID: Intel Rapid Storage Technology Drive Version 9.6.0.1014
3 different sizes.
1. Size 0.27 MB
2. Size 0.31 MB
3. Size 11.16 MB

Is this the correct driver? If so which size?

More about : find intel ahci driver

January 30, 2011 6:17:54 AM

scroll said:
A while ago I was asking questions on this forum prior to my installation of a SSD. At that time I learned that it was best to switch to ACHI and to install an Intel driver during the early stage of Win7 install. I was side tracked at this point with a home improvement project.
Now I’m back to SSD installation. I have an OCZ 60 GB Agility 2 which will contain the operating system and also a standard 500 GBDrive as a secondary The motherboard is an Intel H55 chipset motherboard that is at present running Win7 32bit in ACHI mode on a standard Hard Drive.
I have also learned that its best to disconnect all Hard Drives except the SSD Then begin the Win7 install with an Intel ACHI driver on a USB drive connected and then to direct Win7 to this driver at the early stages of Win7 install. My question is, where can I find this Intel ACHI Driver? I did find, at the Intel site—RAID: Intel Rapid Storage Technology Drive Version 9.6.0.1014
3 different sizes.
1. Size 0.27 MB
2. Size 0.31 MB
3. Size 11.16 MB

Is this the correct driver? If so which size?

The Intel AHCI driver should be an alternative driver in the RAID package. The basic driver should be less than half a megabyte. You don't need to install it with windows: you can install Windows 7 without it, MSAHCI.SYS will instead be used, and update the system to the Intel driver afterwards if you like.
February 6, 2011 7:27:08 PM

Crashman said:
The Intel AHCI driver should be an alternative driver in the RAID package. The basic driver should be less than half a megabyte. You don't need to install it with windows: you can install Windows 7 without it, MSAHCI.SYS will instead be used, and update the system to the Intel driver afterwards if you like.

I think you are telling me that the Intel driver 9.6.0.1014 is the correct driver and that any one of the three sizes I listed would be OK.
Related resources
February 6, 2011 10:12:02 PM

scroll said:
I think you are telling me that the Intel driver 9.6.0.1014 is the correct driver and that any one of the three sizes I listed would be OK.
Open it and find small files named iaAHCI whatever and you'll know you're there.
!