Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Grumble

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
May 9, 2005 4:31:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Playing the Papa family, with a family of 6 alien kids. Finally let both
daddies get jobs, and they came home from school an hour before the
daddies got home from work. The social worker came to take them away,
which I had never experienced before. It took the social worker so long
to collect the kids that 6 pm rolled, and 2 of the 6 transitioned into
teens. I got to pick 2 aspirations. When the social worker finally left,
only one of the teens was left behind in the house with the grieiving
Papas. No abandoining babies and toddlers makes sense, but criminy, it
was just an hour!

Definitely quit without saving on that one...

-georg

More about : grumble

Anonymous
May 9, 2005 11:34:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Mon, 09 May 2005 12:31:19 GMT, georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote:

>Definitely quit without saving on that one...

Children(not toddlers and babies obviously) who are home alone can
IIRC call a nanny.
Anonymous
May 9, 2005 11:34:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Guardian Pegasus"
<Pope.Been-a-Dick.Adolf.Panzer.Rat.Nazinger.Torquemada.II@holysee.va> wrote
in message news:1p7v715tjta287k4qt2h4nqh9om1an4ttj@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 09 May 2005 12:31:19 GMT, georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote:
>
>>Definitely quit without saving on that one...
>
> Children(not toddlers and babies obviously) who are home alone can
> IIRC call a nanny.

Yes they can. I used the bush from simlogical to move the nanny in too. No
more home alone. But wouldn't you know it, that night Jack came home with a
promotion that meant he would be getting home the same time as his kid, lol.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
May 10, 2005 4:23:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

georg wrote:

> Playing the Papa family, with a family of 6 alien kids.

Today only one Papa got a job. As soon as all 6 kids moved out of the
house, he immediately moved in on the maid. They're married, and now I'm
not sure what to do with the extra Papa man. But who knows. Maybe I'll
just let them die of graceful old age now.

Meanwhile, I have to get my flock of aliens through University.

-georg
Anonymous
May 10, 2005 4:57:26 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
news:VI1ge.14294$3b4.7674@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> georg wrote:
>
>> >
> Meanwhile, I have to get my flock of aliens through University.
>
Well it just took me all morning to get my quartet sent down. 8(
It would have been quicker to have them walk out.
Party all night and sleep all day.

My uni is awash with error messages. Only Lisa Simpson left now, working
her way through Political Sciences and after that Little Dumpling teenagers
can take their degrees on-line, or lie about them, whatever.

Granny.
Anonymous
May 10, 2005 5:57:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Granny Grumpling wrote:

> "georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
> news:VI1ge.14294$3b4.7674@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
>
>>georg wrote:
>>
>>
>>Meanwhile, I have to get my flock of aliens through University.
>>
>
> Well it just took me all morning to get my quartet sent down. 8(
> It would have been quicker to have them walk out.
> Party all night and sleep all day.
>
> My uni is awash with error messages. Only Lisa Simpson left now, working
> her way through Political Sciences and after that Little Dumpling teenagers
> can take their degrees on-line, or lie about them, whatever.
>
> Granny.

What sort of errors are you getting?

My sims are just so happy I decorated with flamingos.

-georg
Anonymous
May 10, 2005 10:29:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
news:Q43ge.14737$eU.12026@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
>>
>> My uni is awash with error messages. Only Lisa Simpson left now, working
>> her way through Political Sciences and after that Little Dumpling
>> teenagers can take their degrees on-line, or lie about them, whatever.
>>
>> Granny.
>
> What sort of errors are you getting?

Strewth, I can't remember now. Options to ignore, cancel, reset, about items
when I ask to use them.
No option at all to let the poor little beggars go out in a taxi.
>
> My sims are just so happy I decorated with flamingos.
>
Mine were all platinum. Even as they packed their little cases to go home.
8(
Apollyon Jones is engaged to the Spectre girl. Daddy bought her old house
(still furnished) so the young couple can set up home together as a pair of
matched psychics.

The two show-business girls decided they could learn more from their parents
and have moved into a little Edwardian hovel.

Lisa is slogging on alone and unloved and I don;t care.

GG
Anonymous
May 11, 2005 4:00:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Have you tried running in non-debug mode? Also, were those cheats I sent you
any good to get them to graduate early?

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori

MM



"Granny Grumpling" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:e47ge.29354$G8.26203@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>
> "georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
> news:Q43ge.14737$eU.12026@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> >>
> >> My uni is awash with error messages. Only Lisa Simpson left now,
working
> >> her way through Political Sciences and after that Little Dumpling
> >> teenagers can take their degrees on-line, or lie about them, whatever.
> >>
> >> Granny.
> >
> > What sort of errors are you getting?
>
> Strewth, I can't remember now. Options to ignore, cancel, reset, about
items
> when I ask to use them.
> No option at all to let the poor little beggars go out in a taxi.
> >
> > My sims are just so happy I decorated with flamingos.
> >
> Mine were all platinum. Even as they packed their little cases to go home.
> 8(
> Apollyon Jones is engaged to the Spectre girl. Daddy bought her old house
> (still furnished) so the young couple can set up home together as a pair
of
> matched psychics.
>
> The two show-business girls decided they could learn more from their
parents
> and have moved into a little Edwardian hovel.
>
> Lisa is slogging on alone and unloved and I don;t care.
>
> GG
>
>
Anonymous
May 11, 2005 11:57:00 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
news:6Wbge.9055$31.2604@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> Have you tried running in non-debug mode?

No. 8((((

Also, were those cheats I sent you
> any good to get them to graduate early?
>
Arghhhhhhhhhhhh!
I forgot.
I was in such a hurry to test the 'grab a job' cheat I completely forgot
about the university ones.
I will check them out, and remove the boolprop file next time I run Lisa.

GG
May 11, 2005 2:00:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Tue, 10 May 2005 18:29:30 GMT, "Granny Grumpling"
<marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>
>"georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
>news:Q43ge.14737$eU.12026@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
>>>
>>> My uni is awash with error messages. Only Lisa Simpson left now, working
>>> her way through Political Sciences and after that Little Dumpling
>>> teenagers can take their degrees on-line, or lie about them, whatever.
>>>
>>> Granny.
>>
>> What sort of errors are you getting?
>
>Strewth, I can't remember now. Options to ignore, cancel, reset, about items
>when I ask to use them.
>No option at all to let the poor little beggars go out in a taxi.

I get those too when I use the testingcheatsenabled thing.
Anonymous
May 11, 2005 2:00:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Strider" <aaaa@aaa.aa> wrote in message
news:jpe381h5d1tpmlnqjqo54q70mcjh3cb1ee@4ax.com...
>>> What sort of errors are you getting?
>>
>>Strewth, I can't remember now. Options to ignore, cancel, reset, about
>>items
>>when I ask to use them.
>>No option at all to let the poor little beggars go out in a taxi.
>
> I get those too when I use the testingcheatsenabled thing.

Curious, considering that it is a Maxi tester. One would think they noticed
the frequent glitches. I 'suspect' downloads might also be involved.
Whatever, it doesn;t change my attitude to the university expansion. It is
not my cup of tea.

Ah well. 8)

Granny.
May 11, 2005 8:43:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

>>
>>>Strewth, I can't remember now. Options to ignore, cancel, reset, about
>>>items
>>>when I ask to use them.
>>>No option at all to let the poor little beggars go out in a taxi.
>>
>> I get those too when I use the testingcheatsenabled thing.
>
>Curious, considering that it is a Maxi tester. One would think they noticed
>the frequent glitches. I 'suspect' downloads might also be involved.
>Whatever, it doesn;t change my attitude to the university expansion. It is
>not my cup of tea.

It isn't mine either, I only bought it for the cell-phones, however I
got those errors before I bought the expansion and I had no downloads
either.
Anonymous
May 11, 2005 8:43:18 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Strider" <aaaa@aaa.aa> wrote in message
news:jc6481liidmj6tbkfg0jnolvcqiol4l4ff@4ax.com...
>>>
>>>>Strewth, I can't remember now. Options to ignore, cancel, reset, about
>>>>items
>>>>when I ask to use them.
>>>>No option at all to let the poor little beggars go out in a taxi.
>>>
>>> I get those too when I use the testingcheatsenabled thing.
>>
>>Curious, considering that it is a Maxi tester. One would think they
>>noticed
>>the frequent glitches. I 'suspect' downloads might also be involved.
>>Whatever, it doesn;t change my attitude to the university expansion. It is
>>not my cup of tea.
>
> It isn't mine either, I only bought it for the cell-phones, however I
> got those errors before I bought the expansion and I had no downloads
> either.

Ah, I see. yes, so did I, but not as many as get thrown up in the uni during
the last few runs.
Anyway, I got fed up with Lisa, and had her go home. I don;t think i will
educate anybody again.

Did everybody get that questionaire from EA about the EP? I replied. I was
miffed they didn;t give us a chance for our own comments at the end, though.

Granny. - rooting for clinics and health-care expansions, still.
May 12, 2005 12:25:54 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

>>>>
>>>> I get those too when I use the testingcheatsenabled thing.
>>>
>>>Curious, considering that it is a Maxi tester. One would think they
>>>noticed
>>>the frequent glitches. I 'suspect' downloads might also be involved.
>>>Whatever, it doesn;t change my attitude to the university expansion. It is
>>>not my cup of tea.
>>
>> It isn't mine either, I only bought it for the cell-phones, however I
>> got those errors before I bought the expansion and I had no downloads
>> either.
>
>Ah, I see. yes, so did I, but not as many as get thrown up in the uni during
>the last few runs.

I agree, Uni seems to have changed things for the worse. Before Uni I
had a number of cheats in the userstartup.cheat file, now most of
those no longer work and has to be typed in the game instead. I hope
the next expansion Nightlife is a better experience than Uni.
Anonymous
May 12, 2005 1:45:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Granny Grumpling" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:1mqge.29889$G8.11433@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>
> "Strider" <aaaa@aaa.aa> wrote in message
> news:jc6481liidmj6tbkfg0jnolvcqiol4l4ff@4ax.com...

>
> Ah, I see. yes, so did I, but not as many as get thrown up in the uni
during
> the last few runs.
> Anyway, I got fed up with Lisa, and had her go home. I don;t think i will
> educate anybody again.

Tsk

>
> Did everybody get that questionaire from EA about the EP? I replied. I was
> miffed they didn;t give us a chance for our own comments at the end,
though.
>
> Granny. - rooting for clinics and health-care expansions, still.
>
What bloody questionnaire?

eh?

Why didn't I get it? Mutter mutter, grumble.

I still think a health-care expansion is a great idea.

Best wishes
Maxon
Anonymous
May 12, 2005 2:07:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Maxon" <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:C1vge.1864$X86.1106@newsfe2-
>> Anyway, I got fed up with Lisa, and had her go home. I don;t think i will
>> educate anybody again.
>
> Tsk

Blarghhh! 8^P

>
>>
>> Did everybody get that questionaire from EA about the EP? I replied. I
>> was
>> miffed they didn;t give us a chance for our own comments at the end,
> though.
>>
>> Granny. - rooting for clinics and health-care expansions, still.
>>
> What bloody questionnaire?

"Thank you for you interest in the Sims™ Franchise and for registering your
copy of The Sims 2™ University with us!
We'd like to invite you to take a quick survey that should take a couple of
minutes to complete."

Said it was from the Sims (trademark) team.
>
> eh?
>
> Why didn't I get it? Mutter mutter, grumble.

Yah-yah.
>
> I still think a health-care expansion is a great idea.
>
It had a load of possible expansion options, please choose which five you
would like.... Clinics and healthcare included. 8))) Can;t remember any of
the others though.

Oh, beach holidays, pets, which we have all seen before... Ah... weather...
(dear god, please no... The programing would be horrendous) Oh.. go to
school with children.. go to work with adults.... (To hell with that) School
would at least be one area of expansion, but think of the options for every
level of every job? How many CDs would they need?

And one question 'have you read about the next expansion pack? If so, where
did you see, bla, bla all options including this joint. Then 'do you know
what it is called? I said I hadn;t got the faintest idea. 'Nightlife?'

Ho-hum. Granny.
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 8:30:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Harking back to my university dropouts....
I moved first Apollyon Jones into ophilia's old house (since her granny
died) then her, to get the new name, had him propose on the doorstep,
changed the house around a bit and waited for the visitors to arrive. They
could be the nucleus of the wedding party.

Behold, at 12:15 up the road waddled THREE pregnant women. Oh my!

But... what I want to know is how do you invite a NCP to a wedding? Not a
party. I just dragg the guests in and provide all the needful things.
Anyway, the poor gardner was watering plants and kept saying 'hi! hello' as
people streamed out of the house to attend the wedding (teleport picture).
Even with the 'select' mirror I couldn;t work out how to let the guy join
in.

Granny.
!