Grumble

Playing the Papa family, with a family of 6 alien kids. Finally let both
daddies get jobs, and they came home from school an hour before the
daddies got home from work. The social worker came to take them away,
which I had never experienced before. It took the social worker so long
to collect the kids that 6 pm rolled, and 2 of the 6 transitioned into
teens. I got to pick 2 aspirations. When the social worker finally left,
only one of the teens was left behind in the house with the grieiving
Papas. No abandoining babies and toddlers makes sense, but criminy, it
was just an hour!

Definitely quit without saving on that one...

-georg
16 answers Last reply
More about grumble

    On Mon, 09 May 2005 12:31:19 GMT, georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote:

    >Definitely quit without saving on that one...

    Children(not toddlers and babies obviously) who are home alone can
    IIRC call a nanny.

    "Guardian Pegasus"
    <Pope.Been-a-Dick.Adolf.Panzer.Rat.Nazinger.Torquemada.II@holysee.va> wrote
    in message news:1p7v715tjta287k4qt2h4nqh9om1an4ttj@4ax.com...
    > On Mon, 09 May 2005 12:31:19 GMT, georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Definitely quit without saving on that one...
    >
    > Children(not toddlers and babies obviously) who are home alone can
    > IIRC call a nanny.

    Yes they can. I used the bush from simlogical to move the nanny in too. No
    more home alone. But wouldn't you know it, that night Jack came home with a
    promotion that meant he would be getting home the same time as his kid, lol.

    georg wrote:

    > Playing the Papa family, with a family of 6 alien kids.

    Today only one Papa got a job. As soon as all 6 kids moved out of the
    house, he immediately moved in on the maid. They're married, and now I'm
    not sure what to do with the extra Papa man. But who knows. Maybe I'll
    just let them die of graceful old age now.

    Meanwhile, I have to get my flock of aliens through University.

    -georg

    > georg wrote:
    >

    > Meanwhile, I have to get my flock of aliens through University.

    Well it just took me all morning to get my quartet sent down. 8(
    It would have been quicker to have them walk out.
    Party all night and sleep all day.

    My uni is awash with error messages. Only Lisa Simpson left now, working
    her way through Political Sciences and after that Little Dumpling teenagers
    can take their degrees on-line, or lie about them, whatever.

    Granny.

    Granny Grumpling wrote:

    > "georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>georg wrote:
    >>

    >>Meanwhile, I have to get my flock of aliens through University.
    >>

    > Well it just took me all morning to get my quartet sent down. 8(
    > It would have been quicker to have them walk out.
    > Party all night and sleep all day.
    >
    > My uni is awash with error messages. Only Lisa Simpson left now, working
    > her way through Political Sciences and after that Little Dumpling teenagers
    > can take their degrees on-line, or lie about them, whatever.
    >
    > Granny.

    What sort of errors are you getting?

    My sims are just so happy I decorated with flamingos.

    -georg

    >> My uni is awash with error messages. Only Lisa Simpson left now, working
    >> her way through Political Sciences and after that Little Dumpling
    >> teenagers can take their degrees on-line, or lie about them, whatever.
    >>
    >> Granny.
    >
    > What sort of errors are you getting?

    Strewth, I can't remember now. Options to ignore, cancel, reset, about items
    when I ask to use them.
    No option at all to let the poor little beggars go out in a taxi.

    > My sims are just so happy I decorated with flamingos.

    Mine were all platinum. Even as they packed their little cases to go home.
    8(
    Apollyon Jones is engaged to the Spectre girl. Daddy bought her old house
    (still furnished) so the young couple can set up home together as a pair of
    matched psychics.

    The two show-business girls decided they could learn more from their parents
    and have moved into a little Edwardian hovel.

    Lisa is slogging on alone and unloved and I don;t care.

    GG

    Have you tried running in non-debug mode? Also, were those cheats I sent you
    any good to get them to graduate early?

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori

    MM

    > Have you tried running in non-debug mode?

    No. 8((((

    Also, were those cheats I sent you
    > any good to get them to graduate early?

    Arghhhhhhhhhhhh!
    I forgot.
    I was in such a hurry to test the 'grab a job' cheat I completely forgot
    about the university ones.
    I will check them out, and remove the boolprop file next time I run Lisa.

    GG

    On Tue, 10 May 2005 18:29:30 GMT, "Granny Grumpling"
    <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

    >"georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> My uni is awash with error messages. Only Lisa Simpson left now, working
    >>> her way through Political Sciences and after that Little Dumpling
    >>> teenagers can take their degrees on-line, or lie about them, whatever.
    >>>
    >>> Granny.
    >>
    >> What sort of errors are you getting?
    >
    >Strewth, I can't remember now. Options to ignore, cancel, reset, about items
    >when I ask to use them.
    >No option at all to let the poor little beggars go out in a taxi.

    I get those too when I use the testingcheatsenabled thing.

    "Strider" <aaaa@aaa.aa> wrote in message
    >>> What sort of errors are you getting?
    >>
    >>Strewth, I can't remember now. Options to ignore, cancel, reset, about
    >>items
    >>when I ask to use them.
    >>No option at all to let the poor little beggars go out in a taxi.
    >
    > I get those too when I use the testingcheatsenabled thing.

    Curious, considering that it is a Maxi tester. One would think they noticed
    the frequent glitches. I 'suspect' downloads might also be involved.
    Whatever, it doesn;t change my attitude to the university expansion. It is
    not my cup of tea.

    Ah well. 8)

    Granny.

    >>>Strewth, I can't remember now. Options to ignore, cancel, reset, about
    >>>items
    >>>when I ask to use them.
    >>>No option at all to let the poor little beggars go out in a taxi.
    >>
    >> I get those too when I use the testingcheatsenabled thing.
    >
    >Curious, considering that it is a Maxi tester. One would think they noticed
    >the frequent glitches. I 'suspect' downloads might also be involved.
    >Whatever, it doesn;t change my attitude to the university expansion. It is
    >not my cup of tea.

    It isn't mine either, I only bought it for the cell-phones, however I
    got those errors before I bought the expansion and I had no downloads
    either.

    >>> I get those too when I use the testingcheatsenabled thing.
    >>
    >>Curious, considering that it is a Maxi tester. One would think they
    >>noticed
    >>the frequent glitches. I 'suspect' downloads might also be involved.
    >>Whatever, it doesn;t change my attitude to the university expansion. It is
    >>not my cup of tea.
    >
    > It isn't mine either, I only bought it for the cell-phones, however I
    > got those errors before I bought the expansion and I had no downloads
    > either.

    Ah, I see. yes, so did I, but not as many as get thrown up in the uni during
    the last few runs.
    Anyway, I got fed up with Lisa, and had her go home. I don;t think i will
    educate anybody again.

    Did everybody get that questionaire from EA about the EP? I replied. I was
    miffed they didn;t give us a chance for our own comments at the end, though.

    Granny. - rooting for clinics and health-care expansions, still.

    >>>Curious, considering that it is a Maxi tester. One would think they
    >>>noticed
    >>>the frequent glitches. I 'suspect' downloads might also be involved.
    >>>Whatever, it doesn;t change my attitude to the university expansion. It is
    >>>not my cup of tea.
    >>
    >> It isn't mine either, I only bought it for the cell-phones, however I
    >> got those errors before I bought the expansion and I had no downloads
    >> either.
    >
    >Ah, I see. yes, so did I, but not as many as get thrown up in the uni during
    >the last few runs.

    I agree, Uni seems to have changed things for the worse. Before Uni I
    had a number of cheats in the userstartup.cheat file, now most of
    those no longer work and has to be typed in the game instead. I hope
    the next expansion Nightlife is a better experience than Uni.

    > "Strider" <aaaa@aaa.aa> wrote in message

    > Ah, I see. yes, so did I, but not as many as get thrown up in the uni
    during
    > the last few runs.
    > Anyway, I got fed up with Lisa, and had her go home. I don;t think i will
    > educate anybody again.

    Tsk

    > Did everybody get that questionaire from EA about the EP? I replied. I was
    > miffed they didn;t give us a chance for our own comments at the end,
    though.

    > Granny. - rooting for clinics and health-care expansions, still.

    What bloody questionnaire?

    eh?

    Why didn't I get it? Mutter mutter, grumble.

    I still think a health-care expansion is a great idea.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    >> Anyway, I got fed up with Lisa, and had her go home. I don;t think i will
    >> educate anybody again.
    >
    > Tsk

    Blarghhh! 8^P

    >> Did everybody get that questionaire from EA about the EP? I replied. I
    >> was
    >> miffed they didn;t give us a chance for our own comments at the end,
    > though.
    >>
    >> Granny. - rooting for clinics and health-care expansions, still.
    >>
    > What bloody questionnaire?

    "Thank you for you interest in the Sims™ Franchise and for registering your
    copy of The Sims 2™ University with us!
    We'd like to invite you to take a quick survey that should take a couple of
    minutes to complete."

    Said it was from the Sims (trademark) team.

    > eh?
    >
    > Why didn't I get it? Mutter mutter, grumble.

    Yah-yah.

    > I still think a health-care expansion is a great idea.

    It had a load of possible expansion options, please choose which five you
    would like.... Clinics and healthcare included. 8))) Can;t remember any of
    the others though.

    Oh, beach holidays, pets, which we have all seen before... Ah... weather...
    (dear god, please no... The programing would be horrendous) Oh.. go to
    school with children.. go to work with adults.... (To hell with that) School
    would at least be one area of expansion, but think of the options for every
    level of every job? How many CDs would they need?

    And one question 'have you read about the next expansion pack? If so, where
    did you see, bla, bla all options including this joint. Then 'do you know
    what it is called? I said I hadn;t got the faintest idea. 'Nightlife?'

    Ho-hum. Granny.

    Harking back to my university dropouts....
    I moved first Apollyon Jones into ophilia's old house (since her granny
    died) then her, to get the new name, had him propose on the doorstep,
    changed the house around a bit and waited for the visitors to arrive. They
    could be the nucleus of the wedding party.

    Behold, at 12:15 up the road waddled THREE pregnant women. Oh my!

    But... what I want to know is how do you invite a NCP to a wedding? Not a
    party. I just dragg the guests in and provide all the needful things.
    Anyway, the poor gardner was watering plants and kept saying 'hi! hello' as
    people streamed out of the house to attend the wedding (teleport picture).
    Even with the 'select' mirror I couldn;t work out how to let the guy join
    in.

    Granny.

Video Games