How to connect laptop to desktop PC and transfer files fast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mal_52

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011
I use incredimail on my desktop & also use it on my, laptop ,I am getting messages etc on my laptop but not coming through on my desktop, how do i connect the two together so no matter which pc i use the same messages are on both. my desktop is windows xp and my laptop is windows 7.

Solution

Correct, you needed to have setup the email client to keep the mail in the inbox, otherwise the first email program you use will remove it from the server, causing any other computer not to see the email.

IMO, this is really a question for Incredimal to resolve.

http://help.incredimail.com/english/help/im/support_contact.html

Did you set it up so it pulls the email down to the computer and then removes it from the server? You don't actually connect the two computers together to do this. You are connecting to a third source to get the email, the computers don't matter. You should be able to get email from a PC at your house, and the laptop if you bring it to Japan no issues. As long as you configured the email setup properly.

mal_52

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011

I found the answer thankyou,

I went on my virgin email account clicked on settings > Forwarding and POP/IMAP >

1. Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on

2. When messages are accessed with POP keep Virgin Media Mail's copy in the inbox

3. IMAP Access:
(access Virgin Media Mail from other clients using IMAP)
Disable IMAP

This seems to have worked, hope it helps others

mal_52

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011

I went on my virgin email account clicked on settings > Forwarding and POP/IMAP >

2. When messages are accessed with POP keep Virgin Media Mail's copy in the inbox

3. IMAP Access:
Disable IMAP

mal_52

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011

3. IMAP Access:
Disable IMAP

Correct, you needed to have setup the email client to keep the mail in the inbox, otherwise the first email program you use will remove it from the server, causing any other computer not to see the email.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.