mike30

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
Hi, I'm Currently planning to start using water cooling for my system.

The 2 main reasons are:
-Lowering my fan noise lvl.
-Lowering the temp of my I5 OC at high load ( video encoding )

I was looking at the
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/11743/ex-wat-159/XSPC_Rasa_750_RS240_Universal_CPU_Water_Cooling_Kit_-HOT.html?tl=g30c321s1310

This is one of the best kit I found. However, I might have missed a lot and I would like your opinion. I was also lurking at the RX kit. Do you have any other kit to propose. I should also point that I want to put the kit INSIDE my case, no part should be outside.

Here my rig.

i5 OC @ 4.1ghz with Zalman CNPS9700 NT Fan
Asus P7P55D Pro
Antec Trupower 750W ( non-modular )
Saphirre Radeon HD 5970 with Aero fan
Antec 1200 Tower.
OCZ Vertez 2 120g
2 * HDD 1TB WD Caviar Black

My first wish would be to get rid of this huge CPU fan and my 2nd is to get a nice looking water cooling system while gaining in lowering my CPU temps.

Budget = 150 to 275$ US/Can

Any comments, help would be appreciated.

Solution
If you can get into the RX versions of that kit, they are more expensive, but they have the RX version of radiators. If you are thinking of expanding in the future, you may consider getting the 360 version of either the RS or RX kit...depending on how far you are wanting to push the OC on your CPU, you might want to consider the 360 kits anyway...the bigger radiator will help.

With an Antec 1200, you should plenty of room to mount that internally. The res/pump go in 2x 5.25 drive bays and the radiator is the only thing you'd have to determine the best location for. Google search 'Antec 1200 watercooling' and you can find a lot of examples of people who have done a setup on it.

mike30

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
We, reading further in this forum, it seems that this kit is really suitable for beginner with only the CPU loop.

Sorry, I posted before reading all the threads!

However, if you have any comments or suggestion I would gladly read them to learn more about water cooling

orangejuice789

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
Hey mike,

If you are looking for better performance, you will definitely want to go with the RX kit, as the RX series radiators are thicker and cool the water more effectively than the RS series. However the RS will definitely work unless you are going to do some serious overclocking or plan to add more components to your loop. The rule of thumb is about 240mm of rad space per component, however 360mm is better...

Do you know if you can fit a 3x120mm rad inside your case... if so then you may want to go with a kit that has a 3x120mm radiator as you will see increased cooling with more rad space.

If you do not have any space for a bigger rad than the 240mm, i would definitely go with the RX 240 kit...

http://www.jab-tech.com/XSPC-Rasa-750-RX240-CPU-watercooling-kit-pr-4779.html

Another kit you may want to look at if you can fit a 3x120mm radiator is the RX 360 kit...

http://www.jab-tech.com/XSPC-Rasa-750-RX360-CPU-watercooling-kit-pr-4780.html

Other kits on those sites will likely work as well, you may want to look at some different comparisons of radiators to decide what kind of performance cooling you need.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
If you can get into the RX versions of that kit, they are more expensive, but they have the RX version of radiators. If you are thinking of expanding in the future, you may consider getting the 360 version of either the RS or RX kit...depending on how far you are wanting to push the OC on your CPU, you might want to consider the 360 kits anyway...the bigger radiator will help.

With an Antec 1200, you should plenty of room to mount that internally. The res/pump go in 2x 5.25 drive bays and the radiator is the only thing you'd have to determine the best location for. Google search 'Antec 1200 watercooling' and you can find a lot of examples of people who have done a setup on it.

Solution

mike30

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
Awesome guys, I was planning for the RX240 kit because I'm not planning to add anything in the loop beside my CPU.

Oh and yeah the Truepower 750 is semi modular but not fully :(

I think it's gonna be the RX240!!!
I found this setup on the web and it seems perfect for me!

http://www.trustedreviews.com/CyberPower-Gamer-Ultra-Perseus-PC_Desktop-PC_review

If I can mount my water cooling kit like this, i would be happy!

Just throwing it out there, you should check out the Swiftech Edge kit. It has one of the best pumps, MCP35X, and of course a swiftech rad which are very popular, and also an Apogee XTL block which is also one of the best... The kit is usually around $300 but you can find it for $210 now.

Mine should be showing up today... can't wait!!!!!

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Oh yeah? I mined my own silver ore and then smelted and refined it into my own pure silver ingots. I then had it blessed by a Nigerian holy-man and then shot into space for further refinement in the vacuum of space to eliminate the remaining contaminants.

I then had the face of Bart Simpson stamped into the coin slugs and ion laced with pure hydrogen atoms to help eliminate corrosion and block the re-introduction of contaminants once the pure silver Bart Simpson coin is added to the water loop.

I also have a post-mortem autograph of Elvis for sale.