HD 5770 1Gb

How much can i overclock my graphics card without damaging it?
17 answers Last reply
More about 5770
  1. That's an ambiguous questions since even with same components you get different overclock. How can you know the answer? Test and fail...but don't go too high in voltage or temps.
  2. I have a IceQ HIS Radeon 5770 1gb, Currently I have it at 900MHz GPU clock and 1350MHz memory clock. Actually just set it to this, but I've had no problems and the temps arent bad either.

    To answer your question, I have no idea. I'm new to all of this and it's fun messing around.
  3. I was wondering the same, my his H577FK1GD I have not tried to overclock yet, but how to start the overclock, should I look mainly on the temps at first, start with increments of 10mhz?? I guess, am just gonna go as far as the stock voltage goes., for now. any comment appreciated. Thanks
  4. 960/1350 here on a Sapphire card,
    What are you using to clock it btw?
    Moto
  5. wel the best way to oc your card is
    1. start at stock clocks....run your stress tests(prime,(3dmark) get your numbers
    2.up core clock by 10 and mem by 30...test again...get numbers...repeat until issues start coming up or your stress tests are not completing. then either up the voltage to stabilize your clocks and start again from your last fail....or back your core down 10 and mem down 30 and you should be fine. BTW temps for that card can go as high as 80 -85 and can run all day like that with out any problems but you want to try to keep your temps below 80 just to be safe so you know you dont have a heat problem down the road.
  6. Method I hear most is clock 5 mem 10, but as Viper says for the rest,
    Furmark put mine at 90' Viper, I was like 'eep! panic!!!' hehe
    Moto
  7. Motopsychojdn said:
    Method I hear most is clock 5 mem 10, but as Viper says for the rest,
    Furmark put mine at 90' Viper, I was like 'eep! panic!!!' hehe
    Moto



    Are you runnin a 5770 also? and got those high temps??? And yes thats right its usually 5/10 raise but for a good overclock you gotta sit there thru every test and In MY personal experience you can bypass that 5/10 and boost it to 10/30 then just back it off untill your stable...that right there can save you 3 hours(lol) of sittin there watchin your stress tests
  8. I just put mine to 960/1400 on catalyst and it squiggled a bit, dropped the mem to 1350 and its been fine since, only ran furmark once or twice to check stability, I'm not an avid gfx clocker I just thought I'd see what it could do, temps not that high normally though :-P
    Moto
  9. yeah with ccc I could only get it to 960/1333 and it walled there for me
  10. 945core, 1435mem. while gaming i up the fan speed to 60%-70%, temps never go higher than ~62c.
  11. I dont think vernonbez is comin back....
  12. Options,


    1. He forgot about the thread
    2. He blew up his Graphics card and cant get on here to tell us
    3.meh, who knows?

    I vote for option two :P
    Moto
  13. lol, hope he got on-board gpu
  14. my 5770 never over heats when set to 915mhz on the core clock and 1310mhz on the memory. i had idle temps at 35-40C and under load around 48-55C


    my specs
    Mobo > Gigabyte ma785gm-ua2h
    Ram > crucial Gb ddr2 1066 8GB
    CPU > AMD Phenom II X4 940 BE
    Sound > X-Fi Fatal1ty
    PSU > ultra lsp 650W
    video card> Ati radeon hd 5770 xfx black edition 875mhz core clock factory
    op system>Win 7 64 bit
    case>Antec
  15. jake4526 said:
    my 5770 never over heats when set to 915mhz on the core clock and 1310mhz on the memory. i had idle temps at 35-40C and under load around 48-55C


    my specs
    Mobo > Gigabyte ma785gm-ua2h
    Ram > crucial Gb ddr2 1066 8GB
    CPU > AMD Phenom II X4 940 BE
    Sound > X-Fi Fatal1ty
    PSU > ultra lsp 650W
    video card> Ati radeon hd 5770 xfx black edition 875mhz core clock factory
    op system>Win 7 64 bit
    case>Antec



    Thats a good card and your temps are really low....you have lots of room to overclock that card
  16. i have a saphire 5770 and before i downloaded catalyst 11.3/4 cant remember i was running 950/1350. after i got the new software though (AMD CCC) i could only go 925/1250 :/ running crysis 2 on high for a few hours my temps were around 58c with the fan at 75%
  17. mcinjere said:
    i have a saphire 5770 and before i downloaded catalyst 11.3/4 cant remember i was running 950/1350. after i got the new software though (AMD CCC) i could only go 925/1250 :/ running crysis 2 on high for a few hours my temps were around 58c with the fan at 75%



    in my opinion....get rid of ccc......you can easily get your card to 1gig core with no over volt....try using trixx sapphire tweaker.... Have mine@ 1050core 1333 mem
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Overclocking HD