Jumpy performance

Slayer32163

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
i am getting very jumpy performance during bioshock and farcry 2. I get great framerates but it will jump the person and suddenly get 1-2 fps during gameplay.

i have

amd phenom II x4 920
Evga gtx 260
bfg 550w psu
4gig ddr2 1066 kingston hyperX
asus m3a78-t mobo
160gb hardrive (I HAVE 79GBS LEFT)
hp all in one dvd-rw, cd-rw
cooler master haf 932

How does it go?, remove Ati drivers run driver sweeper reinstall nvidia drivers and you're good to go!

@ OP, ignore this post it won't help you, the solution appears to be 'use an older driver'.

Slayer32163

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
the drivers did help some but not all the way. i think i should be able to play this game on high because of my system. Is my system even capable of running the game. I dont understand

Assuming you are using a 64bit OS (4 gig of RAM is pointless otherwise), checking that you have good airflow in your case and running a temp monitoring program is not a bad idea. And is the CPU OC'd if not then the stock cooler should be OK.

Slayer32163

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
i used speedfan and core temp and they show around 40+ idle and above 55 load(Prime95) I am guessing that is not very good.

I also get the jumpy performance in cod5 during the eviction mission. the screen will jump and launch for seconds at a time. What could i do to fix.

The jumpy performance was also seen with a amd 5600+ i had before upgrading. i also got a new mobo so it is not hte mobo. Could my drivers be defective or something similiar

Slayer32163

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
i dont know if it is just me or anyone whose is using the 185.XX drivers get jumps during gameplay. Switch back to the 178.24 drivers. they worked better in all the games with jumps. Does anyone know if the new beta drivers have solved that problem because i dont want to be stuck with ancient drivers forever.

I've had no problems with jumpiness whilst using any of the 185.xx series of drivers and I'm currently running the 186.08's on both rigs without any issues whatsoever, other than lack of support for Rivatuner's OC'ing facility.

It takes a real dumb shiit to tell you to re-installing the opsys because of game choppiness. Did you set up the nvidia control panel ? Is everything set to let application decide ? max pre-render frames 3, vsync off....... and when you load the game do you turn down the graphics settings until the game can be played ? and turn vsync off there too.....

Do you use that same machine for going on the net ? Run AVG anti virus or Spyware Terminator....... very good app. You might have something running and you don't know it.

Did you try running the machine with the side off ? Too much heat will hurt you also. If too hot make upgrades.

And and even dumber individual can't spell or proof read.

Slayer32163

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
First of all ass hole IT wont play on any setting and i set the control panel to use applicaton settings and i have tried regular settings straight from the control panel.

Slayer32163

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
OK your heat suggestian could be a possibility because the maximum running temp for my cpu is 62c and i get there during 50% load playing for an hour