Sparatic reboots and ialmrnt5.dll errors

linuxhero27

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
Hello.

I have a Dell Optiplex GX620 with some very sparatic issues.

The unit has 2 512mb DDR RAM sticks in it.

After running the computer for about 5 minutes, the video would cut out and display a "The ialmrnt5 display driver has stopped working normally" error. Then, I would reboot and get the same thing after less than 5 minutes. Sometimes the computer would just restart on its own instead of producing the error.

All of Dell's diagnostics passed, as well as MemTest. I tested both sticks individually, as well as with a Kingston 512mb stick in the first bank, and they all passed.

After reinstalling XP, the error and reboots would still come up. All drivers and BIOS are up-to-date.

Any ideas on what may be the issue?

Thanks everyone.

ekoostik

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Is this a system that's been up and running a long time? Has there been any other odd behavior or ongoing problems? What changes to your setup have been made recently? New hardware? Software? Configuration settings for existing hardware/software? etc...

Look in Dev Manager. Expand each node. Do you have anything with a yellow warning or red x?

What drivers do you have installed? Names and version #.

Whats your GPU? PSU?

Look in your Event View logs. Anything besides the driver stand out at you? There may be a number of errors here as one crash can bring down any number of others. Is the first event anything other than the ialmrnt5 error?