Hi,

Just bought a pc over the weekend:
Intel P45 Skyberg Mobo
E7400 Core Duo 2.8 Ghz
2x 2GB DDR 3 Ram
Sapphire Radeon 4870 x2 2GB
320 gig Sata HHD
730 Watt power supply

I'm running Windows XP 64 bit and when I run games in full graphics the pc resets (it turns off and then back on) either just after I change it in the game menus or just as it starts to load. I’ve tried it in a few games – same problem. The games seem to run ok in low or normal graphics but as soon as I increase the resolution or anything the pc resets. I’ve taken it back for people I bought it from to sort out. I can think of a few reasons why it is doing this:
Faulty power supply, incompatibility with mobo or CPU, BIOS needs an update or there is an issue with windows xp 64 bit. I know it’s not a faulty card as the company I bought it from tested another 48070 x2 card in my pc and it gave the same problem. I downloaded the latest windows 64 bit catalyst drivers – didn’t help. I also messed around in the catalyst control panel.

HELP ME PLZ

juliank

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
I have no idea, the pc is back with the shop I got it from. Do you think they would be rookie enough to not realise that the amps are wrong or that the PSU is set up incorrectly? I think it's a Raidmax PSU - that's what I can gatehr from the invoice.

juliank

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
Turns out it was the power supply. I've now got a Huntkey 650 Watt PSU and it seems to be working fine :) Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

What is the normal runnning temperature of the card? It seems to be around 71 degrees in Windows. This ok?

Helloworld_98

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
that PSU won't last long.

your build is very, very, very badly unbalanced, you have an entry-mid dual core processor, intel made mobo, generic PSU and a 320GB HDD with a top of the line graphics card.