Some opinions on my first build.

clemsy

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
Hi, currently I have ordered a couple of the parts, waiting for some others. But all in all this is what my build will look like, please give your opinions.

Case: Antec 902 or Storm Sniper? (Still deciding)
PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750 (Ordered)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P (Ordered)
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 with 2 GB DDR2 RAM (Windows XP 32-bit) (Not yet ordered)
Graphics Card: Inno3D 9800 GT 1GB (In possession)
Monitor: 22' ViewSonic (In possession)

I didn't chose high-end top notch products because I am on a bit of a budget. But around those prices for those items are suitable. Each are around 200-300 AUD range.
Thanks!

xthekidx

Splendid
Dec 24, 2008
All look pretty good, although I can't really judge all that well cuz I have no idea what the build is for. If this is a gaming build, you probably would have been better served going with an AMD build using a Phenom II 720 or 940 on a 750a chipset and then spending the savings on another GPU for SLI, and you should buy a CPU cooler to overclock the CPU to get as much out of it as you can. I would also get 4gb of the ram, and DL windows 7 RC 64bit. G skill and mushkin are my favorite ram brands, corsair is ok if its not too expensive, but usually its overpriced.

All the parts you ordered though are good, either case would be excellent, they are both top notch, you can't really go wrong with either.

clemsy

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
Oh okay, I'm not very familiar with AMD , think I might just stick with Intel. This build would be for mid-high (mid for high end games & high for low/med end games) ranged gaming and for future upgrades like 2 or 3 years down the track.
I've decided to go with the HAF-932 case.
I'm not sure about what RAM to purchase at the moment since I'll probably be sticking with XP.