Photoshop PC + light gaming

hero9989

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2009
A friend from the US has asked me for some advice about building a computer, but cos I tend to limit myself to AMD and ATI most of the time, I can't really give full advice on the topic

First thing, price range $500-$600 (doesn't need a monitor)

She's said she wants to replace her laptop with a PC, she's a graphic design student so she's gonna wanna run the usual relevant apps like photoshop and the like

She's into gaming, she's said she will want to play some games, left 4 dead, call of duty (steam games), and maybe sims 3.

She's said "the cheaper the better, but i don't wanna get cheap if spending just a little bit more will make a big difference"

If you could come up with something that'd be great :)
thanks

wsjdr.jpg

About $480ish

Wait for those nice HD4770 at $99.99 to be restocked then you'd be good to go hehe If you can't wait then the HD4850 are now in that price range due to lack of HD4770 stocks :p

Cpt Deadboots

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
^ Nice build! That CPU/case/PSU combo is a sweet find.

I'd change the memory and motherboard, though - I'm not too sure of Biostar or Super Talent. Gigabyte for the motherboard and G. Skill for the memory are what I would choose. I'd also go with a WD Caviar Black 640GB for the hdd - better warranty than the Hitachi.