Mugen 2 on an ASUS p8p67 deluxe issue

Nate_88

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011
I am in the process of putting together my build and I seem to have an issue with the mugen 2 backplate fitting on the ASUS p8p67 deluxe. Will the Mugen 2 fit with the p8p67 deluxe? It looks like the metal plates will fit with the CPU mount so I am wondering if the backplate is necessary?

If the Mugen 2 wont work what heatsink will?

Thanks

rockitman

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010

I have both components and yes, you do need to install that backplate, this cooler is dammed heavy! My only issue I had was that I have Corsair Vengeance ram with the tall heat spreaders and my fan needs to mount right over them but the sticks get in the way. I was able to mount it up a little higher with the fan brackets though, so the fan sticks out an extra inch. But I have a Silverstone Fortress case and the motherboard is turned 90 degrees where the outputs all come out of the top of the case. I have to install the fan on the bottom of the cooler so as to push the air up into the cooler. With a standard design case, you may not have this issue.

My CPU is one cool cat with this cooler.

bnot

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2007

hi rockitman,

i have the same mobo and ram here and i am interested in how much ram modules do you have an where you installed them? does the case still close wich the higher mounted fan? thanks a lot!