Q6600, Gigabyte P35-S3G Cant overclock tryed every way

ilker484

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011
Intel Core2Quad Q6600 2.4QC 1066MHz 775P
Gigabyte P35-S3G C2D 1333m DDR21066 PCI-
HIGH POWER 650w
4GB DDR2 1066 MHZKIT(2x2GB) REAPER CL5 OCZ
VTX HD6950 2GB 256bit (I will overclock it too but there is a bottleneck problem in my system)
Sunbeam Tunic Tower 120 extreme cooler
My temps are at load 48-49c at normal 38-39c. I cant do any overclock on my system cant change nothing if i do its resetting and default bios setting.
Rebust Graphics Booster: Auto
Cpu Clock Ratio : 8x
Cpu Frequency : 3.32Ghz
Cpu Host Clock Control : Enabled
Cpu Host Frequency : 400
PcI Express Frequency : 100
Performance enhance : standart
System memory Multiplier: enabled
Memory Frequency : 800
Standard Timing Control
CAS latency time : 5
DRAM Ras# to CAS#delay: 5
Dram RAS# Prescharge : 5
Prescharge Delay(tRAS) : 15
Advanced Timing Control
ACT to ACT Delay(tRRD) : 3 auto
Rank Write To READ Delay : 3 auto
Write To Precharge Delay : 6 auto
Refrest to Act Delay :54 auto
Read to Prescharge delay : 3 auto
Static tRead Value : 4 10
Static tRead Phase Adjust : 0 auto
System Voltage Optimized
System Voltage Control : Manuel
DDR2 OverVoltage Control : +2
FSB OverVoltage Control : +1
(G)MCH OverVoltage Control:+1
CPU Voltage Control : 1.40000
Normal CPU Vcore : 1.32500V

CPU Enchanced Halt (c1E) : Disabled
CPU Eist Function : Disabled
Smart Fan Control: Disabled
Legacy USB Storge Deteced : Disabled

Also i did memtest86 and no error. is there anything like motherboard locked agains overclocks? or my rams? I have tryed many settings and all same resetting at Motherboard screen and reopening with default fsb settings. Give me some advice im ready to try really want to do some overclock on my system. And looked many guides for newbies and there is no guide with my same mobo and smthing seems wrong with it:(

4745454b

Titan
Whats the problem? It looks like to me you are OCing. A stock Q6600 is 266FSB with a CPU multiplier of 9, resulting in a 2.4GHz clock speed. Your running 400MHz times 8, resulting in a 3.32GHz (???) CPU. I must be missing something other then the odd math going on.

On the other hand, you should easily be able to reach 3.3 GHz.

If you haven't looked at the Core2 guides, do so. There's no point in reinventing the wheel.

This should be your first stop.
Core2 Overclocking Guide
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/259899-11-core-overclocking-guide

Shadow's Gigabyte motherboard OC guide:
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/page-245679_11_0.html
It's for an EP35-DS3L but all the Gigabyte Core2 BIOS's are similar.

Go through the guides. Then take your core voltage off Auto and set your memory voltage to factory recommended values. Change the System Memory Multiplier from AUTO to 2.00, 2.00B, or 2.00D - whichever you need to set the Memory Frequency to twice the FSB. Then when you increase the FSB, the memory clock will rise in in proportion with it. At an FSB of 266 MHz, your memory clock should be at 533 MHz.

Don't worry about trying to maximize your memory frequencies. You are much better off running the internal multiplier at its max (X9). At 3.3 GHz, your FSB freq will be 367 MHz and your memory clock will be 733 MHz.

Judging from your "normal" vcore of 1.325 volts, your VID is higher than average. So you probably will not be able to get much past 3.3 GHz and keep your load temps below 70 C.

ilker484

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011
Firstly i wrote wrong it was 3.2ghz. But i mean i cant do even 2.6 its still resetting i did 733mhz rams and 2.60ghz processor , 290fsb. I have tryed that values with voltage and without voltage and small voltages but at everyway same thing its resetting and reopening with default fsb settings but no chances at voltages. There is nothing like that at guides.So im thinking about a problem with my mobo

ilker484

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011
hmm is there anything about beetween overclock and bios battery? its fine with normal but after overclock its resetting and reopening with default bios fsb settings thats the my problem:)

ilker484

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011
At least its a way to try:) i wll buy a new bios battery tomarrow i will tell the result. Also im open for more suggestions:)

robx46

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2006
Interesting thread. I just got a gigabyte G31M-ES2L for my secondary pc. Its just a mini ATX & just a 2.0ghz C2D running in it.
I had the C2D for a while now & I used to have a nice OC on it as well as being able to really lower the vcore.

However with the new gigabyte mobo, I also have this problem where I can't change the cpu clock at all, or I should say I can change it & save in bios, but it just doesn't hold. & with my C2D the multiplier is already maxed at 10x (200 x 10x), which is the default, you can only go lower.
So the only way to OC is to up the clock.

I first tried a moderate OC taking it to 2.4ghz, saved & restarted, went back into bios & the clock had went right back to default. & the bios setting to enable manual clock control also went back to default (disabled).
Then I tried lower & lower OC's. Went as low as just a 100mhz OC taking it to 2.1ghz, but not even that would take.

So what is with this board, or apparently other gigabyte boards that just can't take any increase in clock speed? Very odd. The board is made to be OC'ed. The prior gigabyte mobo I had in there had no problems. & on my main PC I have a gigabyte x58 mobo which overclocks very easily & nicely.

On this new G31 board, I made sure I had the latest drivers, & it came default with the newest bios, so that isn't a problem.
I also tried using the "easy tune 6" to overclock. It seems to take, but once I open my monitoring tools it shows that nothing has changed, still default 200mhz clock. Even after restart the OC just doesn't take.

The reason I got that C2D in the first place was cuz it was a good price & I knew I could OC it closer to 3ghz than 2ghz quite easily. In other words I count on the OC to get the performance I'm accustomed to. The board itself seems otherwise just fine, temps are OK & all that.
Not sure if this issue is exactly the same as the OP's, but it sure sounds the same. I'd also like to hear about any possible solutions cuz I sure can't think of anything else to do.

ilker484

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011
I found the solution its about bios version i need to use old one i find f3a version of my mobo so now it worked i can overclock now trying to find stability for my system now trying on 3.2ghz:)

The F4 BIOS works on my P35-DS3P.

The biggest problem with overclocking the G31/G41 boards is the limited FSB freq. Because they are economy chipsets, it's very difficult to push the FSB freq much over about 350 MHz. The way around that is to use the economy C2D CPU's such as the E5200 and E7200 with realatively low FSB freqs and high internal multipliers.

ilker484

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011
Rebust Graphics Booster: Auto
Cpu Clock Ratio : 8x
Cpu Frequency : 3.2Ghz
Cpu Host Clock Control : Enabled
Cpu Host Frequency : 400
PcI Express Frequency : 100
Performance enhance : standart
System memory Multiplier: enabled
Memory Frequency : 800
Standard Timing Control
CAS latency time : 5
DRAM Ras# to CAS#delay: 5
Dram RAS# Prescharge : 5
Prescharge Delay(tRAS) : 15
Advanced Timing Control
ACT to ACT Delay(tRRD) : 3 auto
Rank Write To READ Delay : 3 auto
Write To Precharge Delay : 6 auto
Refrest to Act Delay :54 auto
Read to Prescharge delay : 3 auto
Static tRead Value : 8 auto
Static tRead Phase Adjust : 0 auto
System Voltage Optimized
System Voltage Control : Manuel
DDR2 OverVoltage Control : +2
FSB OverVoltage Control : +1
(G)MCH OverVoltage Control:+1
CPU Voltage Control : 1.40000
Normal CPU Vcore : 1.32500V

CPU Enchanced Halt (c1E) : Disabled
CPU Eist Function : Disabled
Smart Fan Control: Disabled
Legacy USB Storge Deteced : Disabled

Not stable when i start prime95 its resetting in 2mins and blue screen comes. But there is no temp problem they are at load 58-59c at 1.4000v

TRENDING THREADS