Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Case Cable Mgmt Question.

Last response: in Components
September 2, 2009 5:30:04 AM

Hey guys, i'm trying to figure out if something like this exists. I'm a huge fan of zip ties for *normal* case tidying. What i would like to know if there is something that has a sticky back end, that i could for example attach to an interior wall of a case, which would have a loop through which i could pull a zip tie, which i can then zip tie around cables to essentially pull them up against the case wall, rather than essentially floating in their own space.
a c 144 ) Power supply
September 2, 2009 5:37:10 AM

Yes. I forget what they are called, or where you can buy them. You can also drill holes the the case, but that's a lot of work. You need to assemble the computer, plot where you are going to drill the holes, and disassemble everything before you drill.

The pads are easier.
September 2, 2009 5:37:52 AM

Well, looks like i may have found something. Initially i was getting worried because places were wanting you to order a minimum of 100 and it was like $130 etc.

I found these, seems to be pretty reasonable, about $0.35/ea. Website had decent reseller ratings.

Anybody know of any place cheaper or better known etc to pick up something like this?
Related resources
September 2, 2009 5:38:26 AM

I am not sure why you would get a sticky backed loop and then ziptie the cables to said loop. If you check at your local hardware store, you should be able to find sticky-backed, openable looped fasteners. It's just a plastic fastener that you can slide open and shut, and you could route your cabling through there. That should do the trick. I'll also look around on the net for a link to said fastener.

EDIT: Yeah, that above link would work too. Not what I was talking about but that would still be pretty neat.
September 2, 2009 5:47:37 AM

Awesome ragsters, exactly the kinda info i was lookin for :-). Not to suggest any of the other responses weren't useful. I was hoping for a site that kind of catered to the modder crowd, there were some other things i was hoping i might find, or didnt even know existed, but would be useful, like the 3pin fan y splitter. Can't tell you how much i would of loved those in the past, instead of using freakin molex adapters.
a c 248 ) Power supply
September 2, 2009 6:50:48 AM

ragsters beat me to it.

I got mine at my local Ace hardware store. They were a lot cheaper than the ones available from pc vendors on line.
September 2, 2009 2:27:23 PM

JohnnyLucky is right. I also think harbor freight has them.