So, could anyone tell me...

I have a number of sim college students who have gotten engaged to
townie students. Since their fiancees are all townies, they're not
progressing through university like the sims I control. I'm wondering
what will happen with the wedding, and more importantly, my sims'
spouses, when my sims graduate. I'm going to assume that a wedding is
possible, but will my sim's fiancee magically age at the wedding, or
upon entering the lot during a wedding party? Will said fiancee be a
graduate, or will it be as if she/he dropped out during the first
semester? Will I have to get all the betrothed townie students
admitted to Greek houses or such and play them through in order for
them to be full grads?

Thanks in advance for any information,

Madame Mim wrote:
> Brandi Broke married a college Sim in my game and he showed up as
having
> gone to Uni but there was a cross on his Uni icon and he did not get
any of
> the Uni bonus's - did your Sims get Uni bonus's?
>
> --
> Morituri Nolumus Mori
>
> MM

I read in the Prima guide (hey it was on special with certain other
games) that the townie would achieve the same level as the sim they
married. So if the Sim graduated with honours, so would the townie.
However, in your Brandi's case, she never went to uni, so the townie
simply 'dropped out' to be with her :)

I haven't tested this out myself though as I usually usually set up my
sims with other playable ones rather than the university townies.

~*~
vecki

Charles Whitney wrote:

> I have a number of sim college students who have gotten engaged to
> townie students. Since their fiancees are all townies, they're not
> progressing through university like the sims I control. I'm wondering
> what will happen with the wedding, and more importantly, my sims'
> spouses, when my sims graduate. I'm going to assume that a wedding is
> possible, but will my sim's fiancee magically age at the wedding, or
> upon entering the lot during a wedding party? Will said fiancee be a
> graduate, or will it be as if she/he dropped out during the first
> semester? Will I have to get all the betrothed townie students
> admitted to Greek houses or such and play them through in order for
> them to be full grads?
>
> Thanks in advance for any information,

I think, but I could be wrong, your sim should graduate, move into empty
lot/home/back in with parents if room, and then can call and invite over
their fiance, and then get married.

-georg

"Charles Whitney" <cbillingsw@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have a number of sim college students who have gotten engaged to
> townie students. Since their fiancees are all townies, they're not
> progressing through university like the sims I control. I'm wondering
> what will happen with the wedding, and more importantly, my sims'
> spouses, when my sims graduate.

When your Sim graduates they will go back to Pleasantview and can call and
marry their intendeds, but, as you guessed the new spouse will be a college
drop out. A better way to go about this is to invite the loved one to move
in with your Sim while they are still at Uni. Then you can negotiate them
both through the quagmire of higher education.

Alternatively there are some cheats that I found at MTS2, I have not tried
them yet so I do not know exactly what happens but they were listed as

freshmangradesperfect
somphomoregradesperfect
juniorgradesperfect
seniorgradesperfect

Madame Mim wrote:

> When your Sim graduates they will go back to Pleasantview and can
> call and marry their intendeds, but, as you guessed the new spouse
> will be a college drop out. A better way to go about this is to
> invite the loved one to move in with your Sim while they are still at
> Uni. Then you can negotiate them both through the quagmire of higher
> education.

I have not had them be college dropouts at all. When my Sims have married or
moved in people who were young adults they have always wound up showing up
as college graduates only without a specific degree or honours.

Gareeth

> Madame Mim wrote:
> >
> > When your Sim graduates they will go back to Pleasantview and can
> > call and marry their intendeds, but, as you guessed the new spouse
> > will be a college drop out. A better way to go about this is to
> > invite the loved one to move in with your Sim while they are still at
> > Uni. Then you can negotiate them both through the quagmire of higher
> > education.
>
> I have not had them be college dropouts at all. When my Sims have married
or
> moved in people who were young adults they have always wound up showing up
> as college graduates only without a specific degree or honours.
>
> Gareeth

Thankyou. I shall have to try that with one of my graduating Sims.

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori

MM

On 11 May 2005 04:42:17 -0700, "vecki" <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I haven't tested this out myself though as I usually usually set up my
>sims with other playable ones rather than the university townies.

It sounds about right. I've married maybe a dozen students to former
costudents, and they've all got six want slots etc. and a diploma.