converting back to fat32 from ntfs

i recently upgraded my lapton from ME to XP and when doing
so converted to ntfs from fat32. I have discovered that XP
uses too much memory on my laptop and has slowed it down
so much that any task takes a lifetime to complete. i
wanted to uninstall XP, however i am told this cannot be
done (microsoft.com) if i cobverted to ntfs. Can anyone
please help me by telling me how i can convert back to
Fat32 from NTFS? or alternativly tell me another way of
uninstalling XP (i dont mind losing the programmes that
are already stored)
Many thanks
A. Rais
2 answers Last reply
More about converting back fat32 ntfs

    You will need a 3rd party application to convert NTFS to FAT32:
    http://www.bootitng.com/
    http://www.symantec.com/partitionmagic/

    Otherwise Windows XP can not be uninstalled, but you can partition the
    drive (effectively removing Windows XP and all other data) and perform
    a Clean Installation of Windows 98:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=221829
    And
    http://aumha.org/win4/a/clean.htm

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    "A. Rais" <albino4every1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > i recently upgraded my lapton from ME to XP and when doing
    > so converted to ntfs from fat32. I have discovered that XP
    > uses too much memory on my laptop and has slowed it down
    > so much that any task takes a lifetime to complete. i
    > wanted to uninstall XP, however i am told this cannot be
    > done (microsoft.com) if i cobverted to ntfs. Can anyone
    > please help me by telling me how i can convert back to
    > Fat32 from NTFS? or alternativly tell me another way of
    > uninstalling XP (i dont mind losing the programmes that
    > are already stored)
    > Many thanks
    > A. Rais

    Greetings --

    The normal way to "uninstall" _any_ operating system is to format
    the hard drive and install a new OS of your choice.

    However, if you performed an upgrade from Win98/Me, elected to
    backup the old system files, and didn't convert the partition to NTFS,
    then all you need do is boot into Safe Mode and Start > Control Panel
    > Add/Remove Programs. All of these conditions _must_ be met for the
    uninstall option to be available.

    Otherwise:

    How to Manually Remove Win XP and Restore Win9x
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q314052

    Bruce Chambers
    --
    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    having both at once. - RAH

    "A. Rais" <albino4every1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > i recently upgraded my lapton from ME to XP and when doing
    > so converted to ntfs from fat32. I have discovered that XP
    > uses too much memory on my laptop and has slowed it down
    > so much that any task takes a lifetime to complete. i
    > wanted to uninstall XP, however i am told this cannot be
    > done (microsoft.com) if i cobverted to ntfs. Can anyone
    > please help me by telling me how i can convert back to
    > Fat32 from NTFS? or alternativly tell me another way of
    > uninstalling XP (i dont mind losing the programmes that
    > are already stored)
    > Many thanks
    > A. Rais

Configuration Windows XP NTFS Microsoft FAT32