Does anyone know any smallish coolers for an i7 2600K?

RoboTree

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2010
Hello,

Im about to put together a new pc, and am going to be using an i7 2600K and overclocking (but not too much).
My case is a GMC R2 toast, so i don't have a lot of room for CPU coolers. the case is 180mm wide, which means 160mm coolers won't fit.

I'm looking for a cooler that will keep things pretty cool, but also as quiet as I can possibly get it.
At the moment im thinking of a Zalman CNPS10X Flex + Sharkoon Silent Eagle SE 120mm fan. From what I can see this seems to be the best cooling combo under 160mm, and will just fit at approx 152mm.

Do you guys have any other suggestions for good coolers that will fit, and be relatively cool/quiet?

Thanks heeeeaaps for any help.

Solution

eloric

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
Did you actually measure from the top of the CPU to the side of the case? If so, that is a very nice cooler. Zalman has some of the best low profile chillers if you need to go with even less height.

Solution

RoboTree

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2010
Cheers for the help guys, sorry ive taken ages to reply - our internet went down for a couple of weeks just as i started the build. Just so you know I went with the Zalman Flex + Sharkoon Silent Eagle, and so far its been very cool and quiet and im very pleased. (Unfortunately Gelid isnt sold here in NZ).

Good choice m8!
The Zalman CNPS10X series is excellent:)