How to fix netbook eee without cd drive systems corrupt 23

andrealgardiner

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
I have an eee netbook with no cd drive. When I turn it on all I get is your systems error or corrupt 23. I've read to fix this I should download the disc that came with it, but no cd drive. I'm not very tech savy so what can I do?

Thanks,
Andrea G.

You can attempt to restore by booting into safe mode (F8) and following directions in this Microsoft Article. Print it out, then try it.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304449

andrealgardiner

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011

Hi, when I press f8 then go to safe mode with command prompt, press enter microsoft windows xp edition then enter, it goes right back to repair this file by starting windows setup using the original setup cd rom. Select r at the first screen to start the repair. Then it starts again and again! I need help? Thanks Andrea

Here is another approach.

Boot to Windows XP Safe Mode With Command Prompt.

At the Command Prompt, type C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe and press Enter.

Follow the instructions given to perform the System Restore process.

andrealgardiner

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011

I go to f8 then safe mode with command prompt press enter, then it says microsoft windows xp home edition press enter. Then it goes back to the original screen I started. There is no place to type in what you told me too. Sorry you must think I'm an idiot! I just can't figure this out? Thanks again Andrea

@Andrea: Next Choice. In safe mode, select last known good configuration.

No, I do not think you are an idiot. Believe me, with Windows OS, and I do not care what version anyone runs, This SH*T happens. And please be patient, because trouble shooting is a process of elimination.

And, on this forum, there are keener minds than mine, which may jump in to the rescue.

andrealgardiner

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011

Well I have tried everything on F8 and pressed enter, it just goes to download window xp then enter, then back to the original error page. Any more suggestions? Thanks