Sony PCG-Z505JS: motherboard keyboard connector broken

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b V Motherboard
a b D Laptop
April 11, 2004 5:13:41 AM

I have a Sony PCG-Z505JS which I attempted to upgrade (hard drive +
memory). During the process I damaged the plastic connector which is
on the motherboard, that the keyboard cable connects to. I am trying
to find out if this is repairable, or if it would be a motherboard
change.

Many thanks in advance if someone can offer some advice.

Thanks,
Vik
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
a b D Laptop
April 24, 2004 11:04:48 PM

Did you only damage the connectors hold-down clip (it's the top flap that
pushes down to hold the KB connector in), or did you wipe out the whole
thing (which is very hard to do...)?

Not that I have a good solution, but if all you've damaged is to hold-down
clip, the I'd go on to ebay, buy the same vaio motherboard that's DOA, and
carefully transplant it onto your system. These things will always break
when you try to transplant them, too - the trick is to not break too much
of it so that there's enough of it left to work!
!