• Homebuilt
  • Pentium
  • Computer
  • Crysis
  • Windows Vista
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
May 30, 2009 12:42:38 AM

Crysis laggs on my computer what is the problem?

here are mah specs:

intel pentium 4 2.8 GHz
1gb ram
EVGA GTX 295
windows vista

More about : crysis laggs

May 30, 2009 12:56:16 AM

*** ing god....you must be one of the stupidest people i have ever seen....you may think im being a dick but you have noooo idea of what you have done.....

Really...who told you to buy that card...are you even playing on a monitor above 1024x768.....

Either you have on of the biggest assholes ever recommending you stuff or you just won the award for "i didn't research and bought the wrong ***"

I still can't get over this...how in your feeble mind did you come to the conclusion to buy that card...did you not even look at the specs for the game...i mean even people that have no idea on pc specs can read the back of the box.....your system is lacking ATLEAST another 1000$ worth of parts to go with that graphics card.....to HALF WAY unlock its potential...

Do you even have a monitor with 19xx/1xxx resolution or higher?.....

....Il come back to this thread to further laugh at you and use your posts as an example of how to totally f*** a pc upgrade up....
May 30, 2009 1:22:05 AM

dude wtf is ur problem im just tryin to ask for some help jeez okey so u say my computer is bad wat shud i do
Related resources
May 30, 2009 1:24:51 AM

i found my monitor it is a dell i think 17 inch 800 x 600 wut does that meen????
May 30, 2009 1:34:00 AM

rewindlabs said:
*** ing god....you must be one of the stupidest people i have ever seen....you may think im being a dick but you have noooo idea of what you have done.....

Really...who told you to buy that card...are you even playing on a monitor above 1024x768.....

Either you have on of the biggest assholes ever recommending you stuff or you just won the award for "i didn't research and bought the wrong ***"

I still can't get over this...how in your feeble mind did you come to the conclusion to buy that card...did you not even look at the specs for the game...i mean even people that have no idea on pc specs can read the back of the box.....your system is lacking ATLEAST another 1000$ worth of parts to go with that graphics card.....to HALF WAY unlock its potential...

Do you even have a monitor with 19xx/1xxx resolution or higher?.....

....Il come back to this thread to further laugh at you and use your posts as an example of how to totally f*** a pc upgrade up....

While I don't usually condone flaming. I agree.

Research before you buy. This is the most amazing case of fail I have seen (thus far)

Your computer shouldn't even be touching crysis, and is in need of a serious upgrade if you want to do ANY gaming. Your ram should be at LEAST 2 gig, and a pentium 4?!?!? Come ON!
May 30, 2009 1:34:40 AM

Is this a joke?..........a GTX295 will be horribly bottlenecked by that CPU which isn't a dual core from what you listed. Have you looked at the requirement specs to play Crysis? Good Luck!
May 30, 2009 1:37:50 AM

the_one111 said:
While I don't usually condone flaming. I agree.

Research before you buy. This is the most amazing case of fail I have seen (thus far)

Your computer shouldn't even be touching crysis, and is in need of a serious upgrade if you want to do ANY gaming. Your ram should be at LEAST 2 gig, and a pentium 4?!?!? Come ON!

Yeah and im usually not someone who enjoys jumping on someone and to start a flame either but this is ridiculous...im suprised that he managed to buy a pcie card and have a pcie slot most p4's are agp.....iv already posted this on other sites...where having a good laugh

This guy is definitely the biggest case of fail....an 800x600 monitor.....ARE YOU SERIOUS....
May 30, 2009 1:38:25 AM

ok tomorow ill go to microcenter and get a amd quadcore i saw it is 2.4ghz and 160 bucks is that giood????????
May 30, 2009 1:41:08 AM

You'll need a new motherboard and RAM probably a PSU?
May 30, 2009 1:41:26 AM

wats a PSI
May 30, 2009 1:43:53 AM

Its a Power Supply.
May 30, 2009 1:54:55 AM

ok
May 30, 2009 1:56:46 AM

" Hey i saw your post about crysis and how it lags those guys are totally being dicks to you

All you need to play crysis good is some more ram and a better card i can make you a sweet deal and send you a new card i just received along with 4gbs of new and fast ram for your pc!...since your pc is a bit older this ram is hard to find and it would totally let you play crysis to the max and with more than 60FPS!

I believe you bought the wrong type of card for your system and if you tried to sell it used it wouldn't bring that much money as alot of gamers don't have computers that can use it

so im willing to send you a new card i just received that is the right type for your system and will work and not lag

That 295 is pretty slow compared to the one i just received so you will be getting a boost in performance as well!

You don't need a new cpu or anything like that

those guys don't know what they are talking about you should totally ignore them and let me help you get the best graphics card you can get

All we would have to do is send each other the hardware via the mail or something "
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok thanks for th reply so do we trade cards or somthin?????

P.S. ty for not being a dik like thos other guys
May 30, 2009 1:59:45 AM

Komimi is a ***....
May 30, 2009 2:01:30 AM

hey rewindlabs can u pls be bit nicer komimi is just tryin to help me out and its kind of hard with people name callin
May 30, 2009 2:07:50 AM

ok
May 30, 2009 2:13:53 AM

komimi are you being truthful because i hav ppl tellin me you are a scammer?? wut is up man can u pls not scam me
May 30, 2009 2:23:43 AM

upgrade EVERYTHING..

get a new cpu, new ram, new motherboard, new power supply, new monitor, prolly new hard drive(s) too

that'll stop all the lag in crysis.. (and what is up with everyone's obsession with crysis.. that game is super over rated..)
May 30, 2009 2:29:51 AM

Ehanger!

I hope you are checking your private messages as i sent you a tip :na: 
May 30, 2009 2:32:09 AM

ehanger be careful of wat rewind trys to say!!!!!

I send you another private message as welll
a b B Homebuilt system
May 30, 2009 2:40:56 AM

This has to be a joke? When I saw that first post, I loled a bit.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
May 30, 2009 3:20:34 AM

May 30, 2009 3:33:39 AM

Lol i was gonna feel bad in posting
"Join the club" then i see his specs and i'm like god dam troll or idiot
May 30, 2009 4:17:06 AM

*sigh
this needs to go on fail blog

but really, for that GPU (Graphics Card) you need a whole new system designed around it to get the performance from that card that it can really give
May 30, 2009 8:26:13 AM

@ehanger, komimi is scamming you, look at benchmarks, that cpu bottlenecks even a 9600GT, adding more ram will not help, you need to buy a new processor, a new motherboard, 4GB of ddr2/3 ram (depending on which CPU and motherboard you buy.) and a new 750w PSU.

if you don't do this then your PC will lag at crysis no matter what you do, oh it might also help to buy a 1920x1200 monitor so you can use the full potential of that card.

May 30, 2009 1:50:04 PM

Komimi is a scammer, he sees your not the brightest lightbulb so he is trying to futher take advantage of you. Your computer sucks but if you get atleast 2g of ram you should be able to play Crysis on 800*600 just fine. You need 2 G of ram and preferably 4 if your motherboard can take four, you'll have to research it.

Im sure your PSU is not powerful enough for your video card either and if you continue to run it you risk burning out the whole PC.
May 30, 2009 4:55:56 PM

Three words for this entire thread.

Dee Dee Dee
May 31, 2009 11:49:37 PM

DGSephiro said:
Three words for this entire thread.

Dee Dee Dee

?????? dude im tryin t2 get halp pls post usfol messags????
June 1, 2009 2:15:26 AM

Ehanger check your private message inbox :non: 
June 1, 2009 3:23:34 AM

Komimi is a scammer
Ehanger go to micro center and get a new rig except video card.
June 1, 2009 4:53:20 AM

Ok... I just read this entire post and say....
There are MORE wrongs than rights over here.

@rewindlabs: You are 100% Correct on first post, but lost credibility with lack of socialization skillz. Yes it is a BIG F*** up, yes you want to get your anger out, but there is no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid answers. Now you have lost your credibility, someone else should have helped The_One was good, but needed improvement until it was too late and some duesche *komimi*took your loss and took Original Poster's trust.

@ehanger: I too agree you need to build around your GPU, everything else is really bad for Crysis, but if you cant afford that right now after blowing your cash on a GPU like that, 4 gigs can get you by at least.

This was the funniest post I ever seen on THC.
June 1, 2009 5:08:07 AM

dragonfang18 said:
Ok... I just read this entire post and say....
There are MORE wrongs than rights over here.

@rewindlabs: You are 100% Correct on first post, but lost credibility with lack of socialization skillz. Yes it is a BIG F*** up, yes you want to get your anger out, but there is no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid answers. Now you have lost your credibility, someone else should have helped The_One was good, but needed improvement until it was too late and some duesche *komimi*took your loss and took Original Poster's trust.

@ehanger: I too agree you need to build around your GPU, everything else is really bad for Crysis, but if you cant afford that right now after blowing your cash on a GPU like that, 4 gigs can get you by at least.

This was the funniest post I ever seen on THC.

I might have been trying to help komimi out ;) 

My intent in this thread was to hardly help the guy out....i hath no mercy for the weak...and its been a pissy week....

Offtopic....drugs are bad....mmmmkay
June 1, 2009 6:10:15 AM

No mercy for the weak... Thats weak... Only the strong people can give strength to the weak.
June 1, 2009 7:22:55 AM

dragonfang18 said:
No mercy for the weak... Thats weak... Only the strong people can give strength to the weak.

No the weak eat the weak and thus climb upon the ladder to progress....until the strong eats the mildly weak
June 1, 2009 8:03:10 AM

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... nothing tastes better than the mildly weak, making me weaker eating weak things.

I thought it was he who strengthens others strengthens himself, therefore strengthening the group. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link, therefore killing the weak kills yourself.
June 1, 2009 11:58:22 AM

funny thread... useless answers
June 1, 2009 3:46:57 PM

epic.

just epic.

@OP

I don't think you need to be building computers. I'd get a prebuilt one.

If you are smarter than you appear, ...do what 10 other people have already said. Throw it in the dumpster and start reading stickys.

This made my day though.
June 2, 2009 4:45:25 PM

k gaiz jus got an AND DUAL CORE X2 PROSESSOR 5000+ it haz a 2600ghz speed is that gud for crysis?????

ty for so many rplies =)
June 2, 2009 4:47:22 PM

PS so my gtx card is giod?
June 2, 2009 4:49:23 PM

WHY WON'T IT DIE. OH GOD ITS HEADED RIGHT FOR ME!
June 2, 2009 4:53:31 PM

??
June 2, 2009 6:35:08 PM

uhh, sell the GTX 295, buy a new PC base, maybe extend your budget to $600 and buy an i7 base ( cpu, motherboard, ram) using your old Gfx card for now, then when you get enough money buy a dx11 graphics card.
June 2, 2009 7:16:24 PM

Hahahahaha...

Wow, people on these forums are easily trolled.

Good job, OP. +1 internets for you.
June 3, 2009 4:03:29 AM

You need more ram now
July 1, 2009 4:29:04 AM

d
July 1, 2009 6:26:27 PM

Face-desk
July 1, 2009 10:22:45 PM

wow, hadn't seen this before - the thing is, a troll couldn't make this up. I think it's real.

ehanger, here's what you do:

look into buying a new computer. Do some research, get on Newegg, and order it. New motherboard, new processor (AMD might be best choice - more bang for your buck in this case) and 4 GB of RAM. Buy a power supply which can handle the load - Corsair makes good ones. Now use your current GFX card, and go and buy a cheap 22" or so monitor - 1680 x 1050 AT LEAST.

Your current computer is a relic from a bygone era. Pentium 4 technology is what my granddaddy brought with him when he came to America from Ireland after the potato famine of the 1740s. Buying a nice card from EVGA and shoving it in your computer would be like buying a Ferrari camshaft and sticking it on a Moped. It has a fancy camshaft now, but it's still a Moped.
July 3, 2009 3:19:06 AM

sry my last post gt mesd up i ment to say tht i fixed mah compoter its an inter i7 920 at 3500 gighertz
a b B Homebuilt system
July 3, 2009 4:48:54 AM

Bwa ha ha ha ha

:pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable: 

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

funny. I wonder if anyone has actually tried that.
      • 1 / 2
      • Newest
!