New build won't start up. Help?

-JC-

Distinguished
May 30, 2009
Hello.

I've been an avid reader for a few months now and have finally started to build my first rig after a few weeks of research and planning.

Today, I assembled everything and meticulously connected every cable and installed all of my devices. When the moment of truth came along to power it on for the first time, I pushed the "Power On" button - nothing. I figured I had did something wrong, so I went over all of my steps and proceeded to re-do everything again. Pushed the Power button and got nothing, again. So then I figured maybe my power supply was DOA. Using some techniques I found online, the power supply tested positive and functional.

So now I'm stuck and don't know what is wrong with it. I realized that this is my first build so I could have missed something as easy as flipping a switch, which is why I'm here.

I, then, thought maybe the power switch cable wasn't properly plugged in, but later found out that the polarity of switches doesn't affect the performance.

So what is my problem? Something with my motherboard? Power Supply? Something else?

Thanks for reading and I hope we can resolve this soon.

For reference my system is:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400
Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R
Corsair 650TX
Antec 900
4GBs G.Skill PC-8500
EVGA GTX 260 Core 216
WD Caviar Black 640

Thanks again.

marco324

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2006
nice system did you double check the little power connecters from the power supply
to the motherboard maybe the motherbord screws are to tight grounding it are you
getting any sign of life fans spinning anythimg did you plug your heatsink fan to the
cpu fan header some motherboards won't power on without it?

Latest posts