Food question

At what stage do the Sims get to prepare prok chops? I have never seen that
choice in my game- lobster thermidor yes, but pork chops no. Now and again
someone will have that want though.
11 answers Last reply
More about food question

    "Nancy Scott" <nanschellscott@sprintmail.com> wrote in message
    > At what stage do the Sims get to prepare prok chops? I have never seen
    > that choice in my game- lobster thermidor yes, but pork chops no. Now
    > and again someone will have that want though.

    If you get the lobster then you certainly should be seeing the 'prok' chops
    8)))

    Hold on though..... From memory, has the menu changed since installing the
    EP? I am sure that recently I looked for something in the menu and couldn;t
    find it.
    I 'think' it was toaster pastries; but if one thing can go, then why not
    another??

    Granny - puzzled now.

    Granny Grumpling wrote:
    > I 'think' it was toaster pastries; but if one thing can go, then why
    > not another??

    I got a sim to cook toaster pasteries the other day, so it's not that.

    "Granny Grumpling" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

    > "Nancy Scott" <nanschellscott@sprintmail.com> wrote in message
    >> At what stage do the Sims get to prepare prok chops? I have never seen
    >> that choice in my game- lobster thermidor yes, but pork chops no. Now
    >> and again someone will have that want though.
    >>
    > If you get the lobster then you certainly should be seeing the 'prok'
    > chops 8)))
    >
    > Hold on though..... From memory, has the menu changed since installing the
    > EP? I am sure that recently I looked for something in the menu and
    > couldn;t find it.
    > I 'think' it was toaster pastries; but if one thing can go, then why not
    > another??
    >
    > Granny - puzzled now.

    I can't type any more either, it seems. One of my Sims has an inordinate
    fondness for those toaster things, so it isn't that. When I play this
    afternoon I will check again, but none of them seem to have chops in the
    fridge even though they will fix lobster whenever they get the chance.

    >> Hold on though..... From memory, has the menu changed since installing
    >> the EP? I am sure that recently I looked for something in the menu and
    >> couldn;t find it.
    >> I 'think' it was toaster pastries; but if one thing can go, then why not
    >> another??
    >>
    >> Granny - puzzled now.
    >>
    > I can't type any more either, it seems.

    I think prok chops sounds rather good. Rolls off the tongue, rather.

    One of my Sims has an inordinate
    > fondness for those toaster things, so it isn't that. When I play this
    > afternoon I will check again, but none of them seem to have chops in the
    > fridge even though they will fix lobster whenever they get the chance.
    Just one of those things, perhaps? My Sims only opt for lobster when
    pregnant. I wouldn;t opt for it at all.

    Granny.

    Granny Grumpling wrote:

    > Hold on though..... From memory, has the menu changed since
    > installing the EP? I am sure that recently I looked for
    > something in
    > the menu and couldn;t find it.
    > I 'think' it was toaster pastries; but if one thing can go,
    > then why
    > not another??

    One of my families couldn't make lobster or toaster pastries,
    despite having enough cooking points to make lobster on toast.
    Another family could. One of them /glitches/ I tell ya.

    T.

    "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
    > Granny Grumpling wrote:
    >
    > > Hold on though..... From memory, has the menu changed since
    > > installing the EP? I am sure that recently I looked for
    > > something in
    > > the menu and couldn;t find it.
    > > I 'think' it was toaster pastries; but if one thing can go,
    > > then why
    > > not another??
    >
    > One of my families couldn't make lobster or toaster pastries,
    > despite having enough cooking points to make lobster on toast.
    > Another family could. One of them /glitches/ I tell ya.
    >
    > T.

    The new stove that comes with Uni doesn't have an oven--it's just a cooktop.
    So if you have that one in the kitchen, they won't be able to make toaster
    pastries without a toaster oven, and they can't make lobster at all.

    HTH, Lucy

    "hey lucy!" <awricky@iwannabeinyourshow.com> wrote in message
    > "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
    >> Granny Grumpling wrote:
    >>
    >> > Hold on though..... From memory, has the menu changed since
    >> > installing the EP? I am sure that recently I looked for
    >> > something in
    >> > the menu and couldn;t find it.
    >> > I 'think' it was toaster pastries; but if one thing can go,
    >> > then why
    >> > not another??

    <clip>
    > The new stove that comes with Uni doesn't have an oven--it's just a
    > cooktop.
    > So if you have that one in the kitchen, they won't be able to make toaster
    > pastries without a toaster oven, and they can't make lobster at all.

    Ahhhhhh.. And I have been dropping that stove into my Sims houses because I
    thought <blush> well it's easier to clean under it....

    Please do not say a THING.

    Granny.

    On Wed, 11 May 2005 12:07:53 GMT, "Nancy Scott"
    <nanschellscott@sprintmail.com> wrote:

    >At what stage do the Sims get to prepare prok chops? I have never seen that
    >choice in my game- lobster thermidor yes, but pork chops no. Now and again
    >someone will have that want though.

    Not sure what skill point, but I think it's pretty high up there...
    but so is Thermidor. Also, in some cases, like turkey, you have to
    click "serve" because there's no way to serve a small turkey. I know
    that's not the case with porkchops though...

    hey lucy! wrote:

    > "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
    >> One of my families couldn't make lobster or toaster pastries,
    >> despite having enough cooking points to make lobster on toast.
    >> Another family could. One of them /glitches/ I tell ya.
    > The new stove that comes with Uni doesn't have an oven--it's
    > just a
    > cooktop. So if you have that one in the kitchen, they won't be
    > able
    > to make toaster pastries without a toaster oven, and they can't
    > make
    > lobster at all.

    Hm... This was an existing family but it sounds convincing. I
    must have bought them a new oven at some point. Thanks for
    clearing that up.

    T.

    On Wed, 11 May 2005 14:37:26 GMT, "Granny Grumpling"
    <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

    >"Nancy Scott" <nanschellscott@sprintmail.com> wrote in message
    >> At what stage do the Sims get to prepare prok chops? I have never seen
    >> that choice in my game- lobster thermidor yes, but pork chops no. Now
    >> and again someone will have that want though.
    >>
    >If you get the lobster then you certainly should be seeing the 'prok' chops
    >8)))
    >
    >Hold on though..... From memory, has the menu changed since installing the
    >EP? I am sure that recently I looked for something in the menu and couldn;t
    >find it.
    >I 'think' it was toaster pastries; but if one thing can go, then why not
    >another??

    I have this in the Dinner menu (cooking skills at maximum):
    Chef salad, TV dinner, Spaghetti, Instant meal, Hamburger, Salmon,
    pork chops and mac and cheese.

    Nancy Scott wrote:
    > At what stage do the Sims get to prepare prok chops? I have never seen that
    > choice in my game- lobster thermidor yes, but pork chops no. Now and again
    > someone will have that want though.

    Maybe they're Jewish Sims? ;-)

    --
    --Cuth