Sign in with
Your question

Help buying a board for server

Last response: in Motherboards
November 20, 2009 7:07:54 PM

hey guys,

I am looking for a good board that can take 2 X Intel Xeon E5520 Nehalem 2.26GHz. I checked Newegg, but it does not seem like there is a lot of customer base for the 1366 socket boards. if you guys can help me out, that will be great. I am basically looking for a good, reputable online store like Newegg, to purchase the board.

thanks a lot.
Lowell

More about : buying board server

November 20, 2009 7:26:09 PM

heym thanks for the response. yes, i checked that already. thanks though. I'm looking for a board with very good customer feedback, like reviews, 5 stars, etc.
a b V Motherboard
November 20, 2009 7:42:26 PM

For the most part the server market is very different than the performance pc market.

In performance pc you have a skill base of "what's a mouse" up to people cooling with LN2. To top it off the people who do have the skills are pushing boards to the limits and beyond. As a result you have a lot of reviews saying which board is the easiest to use for noobs and the most durable for overclockers.

In the server market on the other hand people know how to read spec sheets and install drivers, so there goes most complaints. Further servers aren't overclocked so there goes the compliments to the ones that can stand the abuse.

If you search hard enough you will be able to find a few reviews here and there. But there isn't much out there because the boards simply do what the spec sheet says.
!