Nica Guy

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2008
guys just post whichever of these u like the most...
no other brands just xfx and evga... what would u choose from the two?
thanks

Pailin

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
Hiya,

I just read on another forum about someones XFX 8600 Card dieing on them - when they removed it from their PC they found 3 caps had blown wide open with another 4 about to blow

XFX Cheap cards with cheap components - 2 Year Warranty

I understand EVGA have Long warranties - they will be using high quality components otherwise the RMA's would break their company - 10 Year Warranty :)

No Brainer really...

Enjoy your new card ^^

roush2fast

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2007
Both are reputable and either would be a good choice.

EVGA - Good tech support-90 day step-up

XFX - tech support could be better - 2x lifetime warranty.

Personally I prefer EVGA. I like the precision utility and consider their products to be the best. ((((((( MY OPINION )))))) This is not intended to start a flame war.

leo2kp

Distinguished
I also prefer EVGA because of their insane customer service and a solid warranty. Step-up is being copied so that's no longer unique. I'm surprised their warranty isn't causing them financial troubles, because seriously if I had to be the one to pay everytime some jackass nub fried their video card due to overclocking while using a 3rd party cooler, I would definitely go in to business as an axe murderer...assuming I could afford the axe lol.

hundredislandsboy

Distinguished
Since they're both the same quality, go with XFX for the double lifetime warranty. When you're ready to upgrade, it's wasier to sell to a card with a warranty.

Plus, my EVAG 8800 GTS 512 died on me just weeks after the warranty expired and EVGA told me to go fly a kite!