Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Need Old School MoBo Advice

Last response: in Motherboards
November 20, 2009 8:58:11 PM

Greeting All,

I am looking for an old school motherboard that has an AGP slot and can use pc2-4200 memory.

My problem is that I need to use this old AGP VIVO card to run a trinocular microscope jpeg capture system. I have 2.5 gigs of pc2-4200 memory I would love to put to work but I can't seem to find a mobo that does both.

If anyone out there knows of any manufacturer's motherboard that could help, please let me know.

Any help will be greatly appreciated !

Thanks,

SunGazer

More about : school mobo advice

Best solution

a c 89 V Motherboard
a b } Memory
November 20, 2009 11:03:42 PM

For which system? Intel should have several 915/925 boards that take AGP. They would also use DDR2. AMD didn't move to DDR2 until AM2, but most of them should use PCIe. My guess would be to look to Asrock, they have a habit of making odd boards.
Related resources
November 21, 2009 9:28:44 PM

4745454b said:
For which system? Intel should have several 915/925 boards that take AGP. They would also use DDR2. AMD didn't move to DDR2 until AM2, but most of them should use PCIe. My guess would be to look to Asrock, they have a habit of making odd boards.

Thanks 4745454b,

I was hoping to find an AMD mobo since I tend to lean AMD for all my builds. The general info you provided makes it look like that will be unlikely. However the info will help me on my quest to find my best options. I will do some homework on the ASRock motherboards to see what they have.

- SunGazer
November 21, 2009 10:00:21 PM

have you considered a used board ? an Asus A8V uses DDR is AGP 8x compliant but is a 939 board . they are stable, long lived and I still have one running as a customer backup machine. if the video card is the most important requirment then look into gathering that board together with a dual core 939 processor (there should be 1000's of those looking for a good usefull home to play in)
!