Color Problems with Video Card.

SweetDreamS

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
Hello Everyone.

In need of help for a computer neophyte. The problem is with my monitor color and I believe it has to do with drivers.

I recently had to replace a video card that died on me. I was using a Nvidia based video card (BFG Brand). After it died, I borrowed a friends ATI based video card and had windows install the drivers. (note, I did not unistall drivers from the video card that died.)
Since using the ATI based video card the colors on my monitor have been awful. Unusable because I do a ton of photo editing.
I figured this was because of the ATI card not being a good card.

So I purchased a Brand New video card and installed the drivers from the disk included in the packaging. (again, not unistalling any drivers from the ATI card.)

The card I'm using now is a EVGA GTS 250 (nvidia)

Does the color problem I'm having sound like a result old drivers?
What's the solution?

Thanks.

Yes.
You should always uninstall the drivers of a piece of hardware when replacing it.
I suggest you do this:
Download and install Driver Sweeper.
Download the latest drivers from Nvidia.
Set a Restore Point. This is importaint.
Uninstall each set of drivers, restarting when requested until all the Nvidia and ATI drivers are uninstalled.
Restart in Safe Mode and run Driver Sweeper to clean out the residue. Check EVERY item to be deleted, if you see any that look wrong, deselect it/them.
Install the drivers you downloaded.
Crossed fingers, problem solved.