Scanning software for potentially corrupted RAID drives?

Dev1ANT

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2011
I've recently moved to a 2 x 500GB Western Digital disk RAID0 setup for my system (Windows/Program Files) data. These RAIDs are managed by my MOBO's integrated RAID controller. It's an Asus P5N32-E SLI.

I've noticed since I moved to the RAID0 system disks that a select few applications (Fallout New Vegas, CoD Black Ops, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Audition, Traktor DJ Studio 3) have been crashing due to allegedly corrupted program files. Obviously this points to a corrupted hard disk drive, so I ran chkdsk on my system RAID. To be honest, I just can't tell what the results mean, and whether they're good or bad. I also ran memtest86+ for good measure...the RAM is fine.

Could anybody please recommend and explain some other software or methods for checking if my HDDs are corrupted, and if so, if can they be recovered? I have no qualms about formatting the drives and reinstalling my OS and all applications, I just need to get these program errors to stop before I go mental!

Cheers

Antony

Dev1ANT

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2011
I'm not sure what the chkdsk results were. It was running pre-boot because it's my Windows drive that it's checking, so when it finished it just carried on booting before I could see the results.

dochsavage

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
I believe there's an option to send the CHKDSK results to a file during boot-up. At least, it's an option when I run my defragmenting software on a non-RAID system.