Help recover RAW partition

Status
Not open for further replies.

buheshma

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2010
I need some serious help. I have a 500 Gb HDD that had four partitions on it. 3 were named "Rykros", "Salamander", and "Bacteria". The last partition was a small partition with Windows 7 installed. I used this HDD on my desktop, and now I have it connected via adapter to my laptop.

All partitions were NTFS volumes. I wanted to format the I: (Windows 7 volume) to FAT32. I used a program called "FAT32 Formatter". Anyway, using the Windows 7 disc manager I deleted the "I" partition, then using F32 Formatter I told it to format that empty space to FAT32.

Here is where the problem messed me up. It gave me some error messages and all of a sudden my Rykros partition disappeared, all 250 Gbs. Using the Windows partition manager again I saw it as an unformatted volume, so I tried to assign it a drive letter (but did not choose to format it), and now it shows up as RAW volume.

Is there any way to correct this, as I know all the data is still there, as the partition didn't get formatted or anything. I'm guessing the directory structure may have been damaged or something, or some kind of index problem. I really want to save all the data that was on there.

Please help! Thanks for reading this

mavroxur

Distinguished
You will need to use a data recovery program like GetDataBack from Runtime Software, or something similar. Most likely your partition table was screwed up. Sometimes Testdisk will allow you to fix the partition without having to do a full data recovery (http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk)

Status
Not open for further replies.