Finished my build! One quick ? and pics soon!

waynec121

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
So I just finished my rebuild with the Antec p180 mini. Alls I have to say is that I absolutely love this case! It fits everything perfect and the cable management is superb! Not to mention the inside is already painted black.

I am going to post pictures of it, but I am stuck at work rite now and won't be home until 10:30 tonight to do so.

I have one quick question though: Alls that I changed parts wise was the motherboard, since I had to go to a micro ATX for the case. I already have Vista and everything installed on the HDD from being in my last build. I am wondering where the motherboard drivers install to? The hdd or the actual mobo? Because if its the HDD, then all the drivers from my previous mobo are on there. Should I just start fresh and reformat the HDD?

Thanks for any help and pics will be up tonight! I hope you guys like the cable management I did!!

waynec121

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
Okay sounds good. They might be the same, not 100% sure. I am thinking of just reformatting the drive completely though and reinstalling everything fresh to avoid any problems at all. I can then install vista again and upgrade to Windows 7 RC

waynec121

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009

Thanks sounds good.

waynec121

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009

Yea that is what I am thinking of doing. I am going to a friends house tonight when I get off to reformat the hdd from his computer. Then I will make a Windows 7 disk at his house and go home and install everything fresh!

Hopefully all goes well and I will do an update later tonight with the pics and hopefully windows 7 running smooth!