Snowshot

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2009
Hello everyone, I'm here to beg for your assitance :)

A few weeks ago my computer crashed while gaming (good old nv4_disp.dll blue screen) and subsequently wouldn't load windows (same blue screen error), neither xp or vista. Removing the display drivers via safe mode allowed to be to get back into windows, but trying to reinstall the drivers just caused it to crash while installing.

Reinstalled windows, graphics card managed to install itself in a very basic form (not just as a generic card, but not working as it should), but again all went wrong when trying to install more recent drivers (tried 5 or 6, all have which have worked on this computer in the past). Finally found a very one on a resource cd which managed to install (97.46), allows me to play games but in comparatively low quality.

Anyway, the only link I can find between the 2 drivers which work are that they only show one display device in the device manager, where as all the more recent ones show 2 with either 1 or both not working. So my main thought is that one of the chips, or the link between them, isn't working and therefore everything goes to hell once the computer tries to use both. Is there any way to actually test whether this is the case?

Of course, it could just as easily be something completely different, so any ideas on any other causes would be good aswell! Am I at least right to presume it's a hardware problem when a), both operating systems stopped working when the the game crashed on only 1 of them and b), the fresh operating install has the same problems?

swedmeat

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
Hi, it could be me writing those words you wrote. Happened exactly the same for me. Drives me mad!! Any solution yet?
Please mail me at michael.post@telia.com
Thanks and hope we´ll soon find a solution.
//Michael, Sweden