Cooler Master Case Fan LED question

chriswilson

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
Kind of an unusual question, not sure if it's obvious or not. So I will ask:

With the Cooler Master Storm Scout case, there is a button on the top to turn of the LED lights for the fans that come with the case.

If I was planning to add additional fans, would I need a special type to comply with the switch-off button system? Or would any red LED fan work with it?

Appreciate it if anyone has any ideas...

Solution
I don't have nor need a window in my RC690, but I do like the soft blue glow through the front grill, letting me know the PC is running.
If the other fans you buy are not specifically made by Coolermaster for that case, any LEDs on them would likely be on all the time.

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005

I'd just clip one leg of any LED on any fan. I hate 'bling'. I do leave the power sw. led running, as otherwise I really can't tell if my PC is running or not. (I like peace and quiet...)

I don't have nor need a window in my RC690, but I do like the soft blue glow through the front grill, letting me know the PC is running.
If the other fans you buy are not specifically made by Coolermaster for that case, any LEDs on them would likely be on all the time.

Solution