alazeer

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2006
I have a system that I built a couple of years ago that the power supply (Pc Power & Cooling 510-SLI) has died on it for the third time and I'm looking for a reccomendation to replace it:

As I said the one that keeps dying is a PC Power & Cooling 510-SLI and I'm looking for something that is similar but a little more powerfull for $100 or less. it'a absic systme with a Asus M2-N32-Sli Deluxe Motherboard a 2 sata Ii Hard Rives and a evga SLI ready video card. Any and all reccomendations will be greatly appreciated!

I have an account on Newegg and plan on buying the PSU there, unless someone has a better place in mind?

Thanks again

alazeer

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2006
I just think that I've been unlucky? I don't do anything that great with the system, all I do is play some stand alone and mostly online MMO's like SWG etc...

Thanks for the reccomendation I think I'll go with that one? Unless someone else has one or two that they feel would work for me? The lower the price without sparing quality the better!

That's an excellent PSU. If my secondary rig needed a bigger PSU, that's probably the one I'd get, or maybe its 550W smaller brother.

Edit: Hmmm, right now they're the same price, so I'd get the bigger one.

redwine01

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2008

Just for some safety reasons can u check ur main power connection or the socket before u plug in with the new psu? becoz my friend bought 3 psu's from different company (not really good one but medicore he is running pentium-4, 512mb ram and 6200LE) but all the 3 psu's has been blown away. It was becoz of faulty socket of the main power connection. So check it out if the voltage and all other things are ok. But anyways if u buy good psu's like antec or corsair they have a very good safety system so even if ur psu blow up ur components will be intact. :)

Again I'd say your PCP&C PSUs are warranteed for 7 years. Replace it. And by the way asking them how three of them could have "blown" might get you some answers.

I'm sure they'd be curious.