Status
Not open for further replies.

kenkyle

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
By what method can one add a codec to Windows Media Player in XP (without updating the program itself)? My player for some reason will not play wmv files. I have the latest version of the player. Thanks.

Solution
Well, normally you install codec packs (like Klite codec pack, Ace mega codec pack,etc)
I would recommend Klite.
Some codecs have a little settings program, or an editable file in which U can change settings.
Look in Program files what codec pack U have installed, or if you haven't got any, install Klite pack (google it, download and install)
Enter the installation folder of the codec pack, and look for an editable file or an exe.
Usually U can enable/disable codecs from there.

me 1

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2010
Well, normally you install codec packs (like Klite codec pack, Ace mega codec pack,etc)
I would recommend Klite.
Some codecs have a little settings program, or an editable file in which U can change settings.
Look in Program files what codec pack U have installed, or if you haven't got any, install Klite pack (google it, download and install)
Enter the installation folder of the codec pack, and look for an editable file or an exe.
Usually U can enable/disable codecs from there.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.