templarklimek

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2011
Hi Gents,

So as most of you are in the same boat of wanting to always push your hardware and mod your system to silly levels so do I. :pt1cable:

At this point I'm running the following

2600k@4.4GHZ
16gig ram
amd 6990 xfired with amd 6970.
2TB raid 0

I'm running out of stuff to mess up.

I need your counsel on two issues please.

A. My 2600k is runnning at 4.4ghz just fine voltage at 1.39V and idle temps around 36C. It doesn't want to boot at anything higher. I know intel says no voltage higher than 1.4V. Is this more than just heat? Again, i'm using an H70 so heat hasn't been an issue yet. Is this just the limit my CPU can handle or would a voltage jump help?

B. I didn't really want to get a full size case so I went with a corsair 600T. Great well made case but I think cooling fan design and placement could have been a little better. When they restock them I will add the side panle that comes with a vented option. I plan on adding 4 120mm intake fans to side panel to help with cooling/airflow. Will that create some cooling positive air pressure in case?

Thank you.

festerovic

Distinguished
They got to 4.8ghz, which is where mine fails most of the time. I have read on other sites' forums that people are seeing a wall that some chips can't get past. Its like the heat or voltage or whatever settings should allow it, but it won't boot. They call it the blinking underline or something.

4 x 120s are great for cases, but it really depends on the layout of your stuff too. I have some stupid case with like 6 fans on it, and it works, but its pretty loud. I just started CF with a second card, and it has cramped the airflow and temps are way up from what they normally are, still ok though.

templarklimek

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2011
Yeah it looks like 4.8ghz is the average "wall". Still quite good though. Any idea what intel will release next and when? Modding is an addiction. ;0 My MSI MB supports up 67 or so, driving me nuts wanting to run a cpu above 5.0ghz. Doh!

TRENDING THREADS