Sign in with
Your question

Uninitialized

Last response: in Storage
February 3, 2011 6:04:31 PM

Hello,
I have a 2TB hard drive that isn't working here's the details.
I was using an sata converter to write files to it through my usb port and the power supply failed.
Now after I replaced the power supply the hard drive won't initialize and when I tried to it gave me a CRC error I can't initialize it or access it. How can I get my drive back? I've given up on my data I just want to be able to use my drive again.
P.S. I've tried a few drive utilities like testdisk and a data recovering program, I also tried the WD (disk maker) tools.

More about : uninitialized

February 3, 2011 7:33:46 PM

gabool said:
Hello,
I have a 2TB hard drive that isn't working here's the details.
I was using an sata converter to write files to it through my usb port and the power supply failed.
Now after I replaced the power supply the hard drive won't initialize and when I tried to it gave me a CRC error I can't initialize it or access it. How can I get my drive back? I've given up on my data I just want to be able to use my drive again.
P.S. I've tried a few drive utilities like testdisk and a data recovering program, I also tried the WD (disk maker) tools.

Oh and some of the recovery programs could see the drive (it's external) but they reported the wrong size, and couldn't seem to be able to write to it what's happened?
m
l
!