Sharing my Internet conexion via a router

kimouette

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2010
Hello everyone,

2 days ago I lost my Internet connection and after 3 hours of trying and failing I called the D-Link technical service. They helped me out, and I thought everything finally went back to normal (using this D-Link router DI-624 on my main computer).

Now I have another problem I do not know how to manage.

I have a laptop and a Playstation 3 which would also need to be connected to the Internet via my router, but it seems I can not share my connection like I used to

Both devices detect my router, but cant connect (the Ps3 sees a problem with the DNS server and my laptop ``thinks it is connected normally``does not report anything unusual, but obviously it doesn't work since I can't go on any website).

I wish I could show you guys a printscreen of what I see in `` ipconfig / all ``but it seems we cant attach a file in this forum!!

I'm running Windows Vista and everything I did with the guy at the D-Link technical support was to MANUALLY change the TCP/IPV4 values (both IP adress and DNS server). I'm pretty these two options were set to "manual" when everything worked perfectly. But now, when I do that I completely lose my Internet connexion.

Anyone understands what is happening ???

Thanks!

Kim
:)

G

Go Connect To, Wireless Network Connection (or whatever), Properties, Scroll down to TCP/IP and highlight that, click Properties and see if IP Address and DNS Server are ticked as Automatic. If not, note down present settings and change to Automatic for both and see what happens.

kimouette

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2010
Go Connect To, Wireless Network Connection (or whatever), Properties, Scroll down to TCP/IP and highlight that, click Properties and see if IP Address and DNS Server are ticked as Automatic. If not, note down present settings and change to Automatic for both and see what happens.

I wish I could that! That's exactly what I tried to do at first, and when I do so, I completely lose my Internet connexion. I really have to put the values the guy at D-Link told me to put to get Internet on my MAIN computer. But like I said, I cant share my connection with others.

Here are the specific values I have to fill in to make it work :

In Network connection, under TCP/IPV4

IP adress : 192.168.0.54
Subnet Mask : 255.255.255.0
Default gateway : 192.168.0.1

DNS server : 192.168.0.1
DNS auxilary server : 4.2.2.2

(I have to translate from a french system, so the terms might not be accurate)

Thanks<
Kim